n Items worth $3,000 stolen from garage
Jason Devere Barber of Spencer and Bryant Casey of Rockwell reported someone broke into Bryant’s garage at 256 Rock Grove Church Road, Rockwell, between July 26 and Aug. 1 and stole a handgun, chrome rims, an air breather and a carburetor from Barber’s 1989 Mustang parked inside it. Total loss was $2,900.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Ronnie Thomas Johnson, 165 Dillon St., China Grove, reported coins and a pistol were stolen during an Aug. 1 burglary at his home. Total loss was $1,050.
– Thomas Jason Reynolds, 26, 3535 Old Union Church Road, was charged Aug. 2 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance. He was held under $300 secured bond pending a Sept. 12 trial date.
– Carey Miller Bruce, 25, 152 Red Pine Drive, Gold Hill, was charged Aug. 1 with financial card fraud. Trial date is Sept. 5.
– Jerry Ray Jones, 42, 750 Parks Road, Woodleaf, was charged Aug. 2 with second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Crystal Cook, 395 Earnhardt Road. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Sept. 14.
– Robert Earl Robinson, 40, 4509 Lowe Lake Road, Wellborn, Fla., was charged Aug. 1 with communicating threats based on a complaint by Gary Kimbro, 1045 Kenner Place. Trial date is Aug. 30.
– Dustyn Arlen Surratt, 20, 8445 Aqua Lane, Kannapolis, was charged Aug. 1 with felony possession of a stolen firearm, possession of a stolen motor vehicle and fleeing/eluding arrest with a motor vehicle. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.