Burglar steals $50 in coins from Hap’s
A burglar stole $50 in coins after breaking into a popular downtown eatery, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Gregory Culp reported the incident occurred between 8 and 8:05 a.m. Jan. 10 at Hap’s Grill, 116 N. Main St.
In other Police Department reports:
* Brandon Scoggins reported someone broke into his vehicle while it was parked at 1107 Lexington Ave. Jan. 8.
* Sydney Chmiel reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at 299 Windsor Drive between Jan. 2 and 8.
* Nakiesha Johnson reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at 407 Park Ave. Jan. 8.
* Carl Meredith Short reported property stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 602 S. Fulton St. Jan. 8.
* A license tag was stolen off a National Finance vehicle while it was parked at 440 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. Jan. 9.
* Jimmy Rodic Brown reported items stolen from 1617 N. Main St. the night of Jan. 3.
* Shelia Darlene Tarver reported her debit card and $261 in cash stolen from 866 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. Jan. 2.
* Jerome Lewis Mitchell, 28, was charged Jan. 10 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 1900 Sherwood St.
* Antonio Bernard Hall reported a burglar broke into his room at Catawba College, 2300 W. Innes St., Jan. 10 and stole items valued at $1,530.
Fire department finds Rockwell car
Bostian Heights Fire Department, responding to a vehicle fire call in the 1400 block of Lippard Road Dec. 25, discovered a pickup truck that had been reported stolen from Rockwell Police Department.
In other Sheriff Office reports:
* Tonya Stanley, 7195 Stokes Ferry Road, was charged Dec. 25 with simple assault based on a complaint by Erica Gainey, 340 Timber Creek Lane. Stanley was released on a written promise to appear in court.
* Jonathan Treece reported Dec. 26 that building materials had been stolen from a construction site at 490 Balfour Quarry Road.
* Joseph Graham, 525 Rock Hump Road, reported Dec. 26 that someone broke into his garage and stole two toolboxes, a limb saw and a pressure washer.
* Jennifer Bullard, 6785 Roberts Drive, Kannapolis, reported Dec. 26 that her vehicle had been damaged by vandals.
* Spencer Lane reported Dec. 26 that wooden cabinets had been stolen from a house under construction at 208 Green Gable Lane.
* Lori Donovan, 7540 U.S. 52, reported Dec. 26 that jewelry and credit cards had been stolen from her residence.
* Loren Martin reported Dec. 27 that a $300 back pack blower had been stolen from 5120 U.S. 601.
* Clifton Wheeler reported Dec. 27 that tools and building materials had been stolen from a house under construction at 212 Fly Fisher Drive.
* Susan Smith, an employee for Turkey Homes, 460 Auction Drive, reported Dec. 26 that someone had broken into two model homes at the business and stolen appliances.
* Tony Moore, 1550 Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove, reported Dec. 27 that six Peterbuilt wheels valued at $600 had been stolen from his property.
* Terry Fortney, 635 Old U.S. 80, Gold Hill, reported Dec. 27 that someone entered his residence and took a window air conditioning unit, a jacket and a vest.
* Marjorie Voorhees, 350 Shady Rest Lane, reported Dec. 27 that alcoholic beverages were stolen from her home while she was out of town.
* William Kennedy reported Dec. 27 that vandals scratched his truck while it was parked at 700 East Ritchie Road.
* Jason Church reported Dec. 27 that someone had stolen 26 Hydrocodone tablets.