Woman tries to smuggle drugs to boyfriend at Rowan Correctional Center
A Salisbury woman faces charges for allegedly trying to smuggle drugs into her inmate boyfriend at Rowan Correctional Center, 4750 S. Main St.
Kimberly Ann Treece, 27, 580 St. Matthew’s Church Road, was charged Jan. 13 with possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule III controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance on prison/jail premises, both felonies. She was held under $2,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 16 first appearance in court.
In other Police Department reports:
* A 32-year-old male reported he was assaulted Jan. 13 at Club Zidis, 127 S. Main St.
* Officers are investigating two reported rapes, one that occurred the night of Jan. 12 on Grace Street and the other that occurred Dec. 9 on Laurel Pointe Circle.
* Ebony Marquita Edwards, 306 N. Jackson St., reported $350 stolen during a Jan. 13 burglary at her home.
* Vandals in a dual rear wheel truck damaged lawns and street signs on Brittany Way the night of Jan. 12.
* Edward Dewayne Blackwell reported a $160 gun stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 210 Partee St. Jan. 12.
* Ashlynne Lanse McCleave reported her pocketbook was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked at 5 Cooper St. the night of Jan. 12.
* James Beattie reported a Jan. 13 burglary at a vacant residence at 82 Kirk St. that is owned by Bill Fisher of Salisbury.
* Kevin Steele was charged Jan. 13 with larceny for attempting to steal a computer from Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
* Jeremy Michael Young reported $50 damage to his vehicle after someone tried to break into it while it was parked at 1400 W. Bank St. Jan. 13.
* Tiffany Brown reported her wallet was stolen Jan. 13 at Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
* Noelle Elyssa Loebe reported an attempted burglary Jan. 13 at 733 N. Fulton St.
* Gilbert Alfonso Johnson Jr., 29, 407D Park Ave., was charged Jan. 14 with misdemeanor larceny of $30.49 worth of merchandise from Family Dollar Store, 410 E. Innes St. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Feb. 14 trial date.
* Linda Waddell reported someone unlawfully entered a home she owns at 325 S. Lee St. the night of Jan. 13.
* Michael Fuller reported damage to vacant apartments his step-parents own at 118 Earnhardt Ave. The damage occurred between Nov. 14 and Jan. 14. It also appears that someone has been living in one of the units.
* Adam Dewayne Walls reported vandals damaged his vehicle Jan. 14 while it was parked at Bringle Ferry Road and Long Street.
* A 1986 Ford heavy-duty truck was stolen Jan. 15 from the Lube Shop, 329 S. Main St.
* Lawrence Shondo Woods reported his vehicle was damaged in an attempt to steal it while it was parked at 2205 Woodleaf Road Jan. 15.
* Vandals damaged a potted plant outside Cut Up and Dye, 1003 S. Fulton St., on Jan. 15.
* Joann Earle Roper reported a bag containing personal belongings stolen Jan. 12 at Rowan Helping Ministries, 226 N. Long St.
* Christopher Jacob Cook, 25, 455 Alan Circle, No. 1, was charged Jan. 14 with disorderly conduct in the 100 block of East Fisher Street. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Feb. 21 trial date.
* Brittney Hopkins, 16, 1100 W. Fisher St., Apartment 9, and Michael Demario McHenry, 17, 514 Bringle Ferry Road, were charged Jan. 15 with felony common law. They were held under $5,000 secured bond each pending a Jan. 17 first appearance in court.
* Jeremy Clodfelter, 17, and Lauren Elizabeth Spears, 17, both of 427 Yadkin Ave., Spencer, were charged Dec. 15 with four counts of misdemeanor larceny. They are accused of shoplifting at several stores in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. They were held under $500 secured bond each pending a Feb. 21 trial date.
* Wayne Russell Jenkins, 34, 202 Hardrock Drive, Rockwell, was charged Jan. 12 with felony breaking and entering a building at 200 E. Henderson St. He was held under $3,500 secured bond pending a Jan. 16 first appearance in court.
* Joyce Barringer Lindsay, 504 Cedar St., reported the theft of prescription pills from her home between Jan. 12 and 15.
* A Salisbury Post newspaper box was stolen from 900 E. Lafayette St. Jan. 15 and later found vandalized beside a nearby dumpster.
* A Duke Energy ground transformer was pushed off a concrete base Jan. 16 at Knox Middle School, 1825 W. Park Road, interrupting the power flow to several mobile classrooms.
* Aluminum wire valued at $2,500 and belonging to Duke Energy was stolen from 2000 Stokes Ferry Road between Jan. 11 and 16.
* City trash was reported stolen Jan. 16 from 301 W. 14th St.
* James Henry Keck reported a trailer stolen from 431 Calhoun St. between Jan. 12 and 16.
* Kenneth Lee Bowers, 46, 513B W. Horah St., was charged Jan. 17 with two counts of misdemeanor larceny and three counts of injury to personal property. He is accused of stealing two bicycles from Brandy Mae Kendall’s 431 Calhoun St. home and damaging vehicles owned by Kendall, Robert Crump and Marcus White. He was held under $3,500 secured bond pending a Feb. 26 trial date.
* Demorris Sequan Sloan, 25, was charged Jan. 15 with assault with a deadly weapon inflicing serious injury.
* Gary Dionne Lowe, 24, 38 Kesler St., was charged Jan. 16 with felony assault inflicting serious injury and misdemeanor assault on a female and vandalism to real property. He was held pending a Jan. 17 bond hearing.
* Ivan Leon Chambers, 16, 720 E. Council St., was charged Jan. 16 with assault inflicting serious injury based on a complaint by Sherard Sutton, 707 E. Council St. Chambers was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Feb. 15 trial date.