Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Jewelry, items worth $7,000 stolen from Kannapolis home
Jewelry and other items valued at more than $7,000 were stolen during a burglary at a Kannapolis home, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Tami Christy Pate, 502 N. Enochville Ave., Kannapolis, reported the break-in occurred at her home the night of Jan. 14.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
* Charles Aydelette, 470 Mainsail Drive, reported items valued at $647 stolen during a Jan. 15 burglary at his home.
* Kenneth Lee Eagle of Lee Machine Co., 5920 S. Main St., reported tools valued at $4,360 stolen during a burglary at the business between Jan. 13 and 15.
* Damon T. Shipton, 325 Spring Lake Lane, Gold Hill, reported items valued at $280 stolen from his home between Jan. 12 and 15.
* Doris Sue Spangler, 135 Raintree Drive, Rockwell, reported lawn decorations valued at $40 stolen from her property between Jan. 10 and 15.
* Michael Wayne Coe or Rockwell reported Jan. 14 that someone had solicited him by email to commit fraud.
* Curtis D. Kyles of Curtis Kyles Trucking Co., 2105 Needmore Road, Woodleaf, reported someone used his company credit card without authorization between Jan. 12 and 15.
* Johnathon Paul Newsome, 17, 260 Susan Lane, was charged Jan. 15 with assault by pointing a gun and two counts of communicating threats. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 22.
* Matthew Dean Oxendine, 125 Myrtle Goodnight Road, China Grove, was charged Jan. 15 with possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Sherry Helms of Lexington reported someone hit her vehicle with an unknown object as she drove on I-85 South near mile marker 78 Jan. 11. Damage totaled $800.
* Mike Scott Helms of Hinson Electrical Contractors of Monroe, reported the theft of copper cable, spools of wire and tools from a building at 655 Holshouser Road, Rockwell, the night of Jan. 15.
* Ashley Dawn Bentley, 18, 305 E. Fisher St., was charged Jan. 16 with contempt of court. She was held under $500 secured bond pending a Feb. 20 trial date.
* George Albert Miller of Rockwell reported Jan. 16 that someone had forged his name on a timber deed.
* Susie Combs Barker, 2137 Mountain Valley Church Road, North Wilkesboro, was charged Jan. 16 with assault on an officer and trespassing at 805 E. 22nd St., Kannapolis.
* William R. Earnhardt of Gold Hill reported vandals cut the tires on his trailer while it was parked at 13525 U.S. 52, Gold Hill, Jan. 15. Damage totaled $600.
* David Matthew Eagle, 913 Lowerstone Church Road, Rockwell, reported the Jan. 16 theft of an antique coal burning stove from his front porch. The stove is valued at $100.
* Mariah Marie Hotchkiss, 28, 1115 Inglewood Lane, was charged Jan. 16 with communicating threats based on a complaint by Kimberly Treece, 580 St. Matthew’s Church Road. Trial date is Feb. 22.
* Jeff James George, 38, 155 Elizabeth Ave., was charged Jan. 17 with communicating threats and second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Karren Morris, 175 Elizabeth Ave. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 22.
* Teresa Michelle Kelly, 7715 U.S. 52, reported her brown and white Pit Bull dog stolen from her property Jan. 17. The dog is valued at $100.