Bales of hay broken open by vandals
Vandals broke open 20 bales of hay stored in a China Grove man’s building, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department.
John Leonard Sechler, 1840 Goodnight Lake Road, China Grove, told deputies the incident occurred Dec. 21. The hay is valued at $200.
In other Sheriff’s Department reports:
* Kimberly Ely Frizzell, 30, 270 Wal Hollow Lane, Mooresville, was charged Dec. 21 with communicating threats based on a complaint by Brittany Rae Williams, 415 Wal Hollow Lane, Mooresville. Trial date is Jan. 18.
* Jean Lyles Miller of Faith Realty Inc. reported two realty signs were stolen from the front yard of a house for sale at 1550 Earnhardt Road. The metal signs are valued at $350.
* Sandra Lee Roseman, 5421 Old Mocksville Road, reported jewelry valued at $7,275 stolen from her home while she was in the hospital between Nov. 2 and Dec. 18.
* Drucie Roberson Moss reported vandals shot two windows in a rental house at 609 Hawkinstown Road between Dec. 1 and 21. Damage totaled $700.
* Eddie Lancaster, 1008 N. Titan Drive, reported Christmas presents valued at $550 stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at his home between Dec. 19 and 21.
* Kaycee Marie Avins of Salisbury reported a jewelry box and jewelry inside it were stolen from 1825 Barger Road Dec. 18 or 19.
* James Lafevers Jr. reported items valued at $3,580 stolen from JKL Limited, 424 Delara Circle, between Dec. 19 and 21.
* Jonathan Treece of Gold Hill reported the Dec. 21 theft of a ladder and walk board from a construction site at 490 Balfour Quarry Road. Total loss was $350.
* Jeffery Hensley, 165 Wadsworth Road, China Grove, reported Dec. 21 that someone stole a motorcycle helmet from his car while it was parked at his home.
* Mike Perry, 40, 360 Baptist Church Road, Gold Hill, was charged Dec. 21 with making harassing phone calls based on a complaint by Todd Fries, 725 St. Peter’s Church Road, Gold Hill. Trial date is Feb. 1.
* Luis Gasca Castillo, 6477 Enochville Circle, Kannapolis, reported a burglar broke into his home Dec. 21 and stole a sound system. Total loss was $800.
* Bob King, 245 Creekside Drive, reported Dec. 22 that prescription medication valued at $180 had been taken from his home.
* Maribel Pina reported someone tried to pass counterfeit money Dec. 22 at Jordan’s Hot Spot, 5710 S. Main St.
* Steve Holshouser reported Dec. 22 that a Tapco metal brake valued at $800 had been stolen from his 8545 Castor Road home.
* Patricia Boulding reported Dec. 22 that a burglar entered her 1110 Harrison Road home and took cash, a .22 rifle and a dog.
* Jolene Isom reported Dec. 22 that someone entered her unlocked home at 225 Liz Cortland Road, China Grove, and stole the presents under the Christmas tree.
* Joe Moore reported Dec. 22 that someone broke a window in his camper shell while it was parked at 7975 Old Beatty Ford Road.
* Jerry Bostian reported Dec. 22 that someone took medications and money from his 213 Water Oak Lane, China Grove, home.
* Susan Carrington, 473 Graystone Road, Rockwell, reported Dec. 23 that a burglar had stolen a flat-screen television from her home.
* Bruce Davis, 3445 Hickory Place, reported Dec. 23 that a Mo-ped and leaf blower had been stolen from a open shed. Total loss was $2,010.
* Sherry Daniels, 4275 Statesville Blvd., reported Dec. 23 that someone cut a PVC water line under her home, causing $100 damage.
* Nazario Uribe, 849 Gheen Road, reported Dec. 23 that someone had entered his truck and took a 9mm pistol valued at $427.
* Tony Barber, 1785 Old 70, reported Dec. 23 that a four-wheeler valued at $2,500 had been stolen from his property.
* Tammy Mowery was charged Dec. 23 with possession of drug paraphernalia and driving while impaired after a hit and run incident in Granite Quarry.
* Victor Lambretta reported his 1994 Acura was stolen while it was parked at Rumba Tropical Dec. 23.
* Walter Gaines, 345 Timber Creek Lane, reported Dec. 24 that a $140 chain saw was stolen from his storage building.
Counterfeit money investigated by police
Salisbury Police investigated five cases of counterfeit money over the holidays.
The incidents include a $10 bill at McDonalds, 601 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., on Dec. 24; undisclosed bills at 1518 E. Innes St. on Dec. 24; a $20 bill at Ruscho No. 5, 601 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., on Dec. 24.; a $10 bill at 1901 W. Innes St. on Dec. 25; and a $20 bill at Kangaroo Express, 2270 Statesville Blvd., on Dec. 30.
In other Police Department reports:
* Billy Goodlett and Rachid Willis were both charged Dec. 24 with simple affray in South Main Street near East Innes Street. Court date is Jan. 26.
* A 50-year-old woman was robbed of $350 in cash as she sat in a vehicle at the Happy Traveler Inn, 1420 E. Innes St., Dec. 24.
* Paul Damon Walker, 18, 1100 W. Fisher St., No. 9, was charged Dec. 24 with felony breaking and entering a motor vehicle owned b y Aibiero Torres Quintero while it was parked at 105 E. Fisher St. Walker was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 27 first appearance in court.
* Laura Diane Matthews reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at 116 E. Lafayette St. Dec. 25.
* A Dec. 25 vandalism was reported at Taylor Auto Center, 2515 Statesville Blvd.
* Glenn Sanders reported his 1996 Toyota Camry was stolen Dec. 25 from 319 Bendix Drive.