Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Man charged with weapon possession
Odis Lee Tabor, 48, 3905 Treford Court, Greensboro, was charged Jan. 14 with possession of weapons on educational property during a union membership meeting at West Rowan High School based on a complaint by Todd Scott of Statesville. Tabor was held under $500 secured bond pending a March 6 trial date.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
* Alan Wooten, 5215 South River Church Road, Woodleaf, reported $30 damage to his mailbox the night of Jan. 11.
* Lisa Ann Hardin, 40, 1086 Edgefield Drive, was charged Jan. 13 with simple assault based on a complaint by Roy Hardin, 162 Third Ave., China Grove. Trial date is Feb. 15.
* Amanda Ann Lankford, 16, 1660 Harrison Road, was charged Jan. 13 with possession of up to ć ounce of marijuana at 919 N. Jackson St. She was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 14.
* Amanda Lynn Steppert, 19, 1137 Fisher Drive, Rockwell, was charged Jan. 13 with misdemeanor larceny based on a complaint by Tammy Clark, 66 Goodman Drive. Steppert was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 15.
* Angela Michelle Cline, 11690 U.S. 52, Rockwell, reported an attempted burglary at her home between Jan. 2 and 13.
* A 15-year-old boy was charged with simple assault and vandalism at his Rockwell home Jan. 13.
* Roger Sipes of Duke Energy reported Jan. 13 that a chain securing a substation on N.C. 801 near West Rowan High School had been cut, but noting was missing.
* Cynthia Ann Brown, 335 Woodbury Drive, reported she suspects area juveniles of breaking into her home Jan. 13 and damaging a trampoline. Total loss was $125.
* Bernardo Pineda Montano of Woodleaf reported someone smashed windows in his vehicle and then stole it Jan. 13 from a residence near Needmore and Foster roads.
* Sandra Winburn, 321 Brewer Lane, China Grove, was charged Jan. 13 with simple assault based on a complaint by William Winburn, same address.
* Earl Lee White, 2075 Glover Road, reported the carburetor and air cleaner were stolen off his truck while it was parked at his home Jan. 14. Total loss was $580.
* Charles Wayne Harrington, 41, 678 Maple Ridge Circle, was charged Jan. 14 with a domestic violence protective order violation based on a complaint by Brandy Harrington, 1026 Sagewood Lane. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Feb. 22.
* Margarita Gelpi Gross, 1190 Roy Cline Road, Rockwell, reported $200 damage to her vehicle while it was parked at her home the night of Jan. 13.
* Cindy Ann Garmon, 43, 1070 Sercy Road, China Grove, was charged Jan. 14 with second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Eddie M. McLain, 180 Reece Ridge Road, China Grove. Trial date is Feb. 8.
* Shelley R. Evans, 142 Red Pine Road, Gold Hill, reported a $530 handgun stolen from her bedside stand the night of Jan. 13.
* James David O’Neal, 402 N. Enochville Ave., Kannapolis, reported the registration plate stolen from a vehicle parked at his home between Jan. 9 and 14.
Two charged with breaking and entering
Wayne Russell Jenkins, 35, 202 Hardrock Drive, Rockwell, and Jeffrey Todd Wall, 33, 8545 Old Concord Road, were charged Jan. 12 with felony breaking and entering a building at North Lee and Railroad streets.
Wall was also charged with felony larceny. They were held under $3,500 secured bond each pending Jan. 16 first appearances in court.
In other Salisbury Police reports:
* Peter Lynn Eckley reported someone fraudulently cashed one of his checks at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., between Jan. 9 and 11.
* Camille Collette Gaber reported items stolen during a Jan. 11 break-in at 1223 Park Ave.
* Javan Daniel Elliot Stowe reported someone used his debit card fraudulently between Jan. 7 and 9.
* James Chris Oliver, 38, was charged Jan. 10 with felony breaking and entering a building.
* Darryl Boyd Adkins, 25, was charged Jan. 10 with receiving or transferring stolen vehicles at 599 S. Fulton St.
* Donald Dumont McConneaughey, 28, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged Jan. 11 with second-degree trespassing at 810 S. Main St. He was held under $100 secured bond pending a Feb. 21 trial date.
* Latrice Helen Shaver, 23, 904 E. Lafayette St., was charged Jan. 11 with using a telephone to make threats based on a complaint by Brittany L. Witherspoon, 114 W. Thomas St. Trial date is Feb. 22.
* Donna Michelle Wallace reported a 60-day temporary registration plate stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at 711 S. Boundary St., Apartment 27G, Jan. 17.
* Mardy Wilson reported a tow dolly was stolen Jan. 16 from Country Cones U-Haul, 4120 S. Main St.
* A Cadillac valued at $8,000 was stolen from Edna’s Auto, 602 S. Main St., Jan. 17.
* Monique Deon Laney reported her pocketbook was stolen the night of Jan. 16 from her 2518 Foxfire Drive home.
* Garrett Neil Safrit reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked at 1300 Lakewood Drive Jan. 18.
* Judith Manoff Panelas reported vandals broke the rear window in her vehicle while it was parked at 101 Lakewood Drive the night of Jan. 17.
* Jessica Marie Fox, 20, was charged Jan. 16 with misdemeanor larceny at 306 S. Boundary St.
* Huy Quang Quach reported the theft of a Toyota Highlander valued at $580 from behind Ichiban Japanese Steakhouse, 1005 Klumac Road, the night of Jan. 17.
* Rossi Rose was charged Jan. 18 with misdemeanor larceny at Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
* Macali S. Garcia reported vandals damaged her truck while it was parked at 1301 Lakewood Drive Jan. 18.
* Christy Wafford reported a cell phone and $76 stolen Jan. 18 at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
* Tamisha Annette Anderson reported vandals fired shots breaking windows in automobiles Jan. 18 at the corner of North Shaver and East Cemetery streets.
* Antoine Lamont Cowan, 25, 711 S. Boundary St., and Latrisha Ann Long, 24, 715 Hall St., No. 49-O, were charged Jan. 19 with possession of a controlled substance at Long’s home. Trial date is Feb. 19.