Safe and $5,600 worth of jewelry stolen from China Grove home
* Marcus Wayne Livengood, 32, 8119 Smith Road, Kannapolis, was charged Jan. 28 with sexual battery. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 20.
* Nicholas James Woolf, 18, 152 Bluefield Drive, China Grove, was charged Jan. 27 with felony assault inflicting serious bodily injury and misdemeanor assault on a female. He was held under $1,500 secured bond pending Jan. 29 and March 1 court appearances.
* Charles Franklin White of Woodleaf reported tools valued at $2,295 stolen after someone broke into a storage building at his former residence at 4770 N.C. 801, Woodleaf, between Jan. 24 and 27.
* Scott Esko White, 6515 W. N.C. 152, Mooresville, reported a burglar broke into his home Jan. 26 and stole two guitars, a karaoke machine and brief case. Total loss was $750.
* James Edward Belk, 170 Persimmon Lane, reported vandals caused $40 damage to his garage and front door with red paint on Jan. 26.
* Robert Troy Wilkinson, 250 Corriher Grange Road, Mooresville, reported a $200 wine cooler stolen from his basement Jan. 25 or 26.
* Thomas Anthony Moore, 3010 N. Cannon Blvd., Kannapolis, was charged Jan. 26 with resisting, obstructing and delaying an officer. He is accused of failing to comply with the officers’ orders during a domestic disturbance at 810 S. Zion St., Landis.
* Daniel Wayne Hamilton, 31, 1024 N. Titan Drive, Salisbury, was charged Jan. 26 with resisting a public officer and failing to appear in court on earlier charges of assault on a government official and a misdemeanor probation violation. He was held under $2,000 secured bond pending a Feb. 20 trial date on the new charge and was released on a written promise to appear in court March 6 on the others.
* Kimberly Aydelette Stillson, 38, 175 Knollwood Drive, was charged Jan. 27 with a school attendance law violation. Trial date is March 1.
* Sandra Lee Schaefer of New London reported someone broke into her vehicle while it was parked at the Anchor House on N.C. 152 Jan. 26 and 27 and stole a CD player. Total loss was $450.
* Terry Roger Aikens, 7150 U.S. 601, was charged Jan. 28 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Gale Adams, 200 S. Oakhurst St. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is March 1.
* A vehicle reported stolen Jan. 27 by Angela Marie Bradley from her 440 Memory Lane home was later recovered after it had been wrecked.
* Doris Moore Scercy, 1120 Scercy Road, China Grove, reported speakers stolen out of her vehicle while it was parked at her home Jan. 27. Total loss was $500.
* Terri Pedulla reported Jan. 28 that someone had thrown a rock through the window at Pedulla Excavating & Paving Inc., 1275 Shinn Farm Road, Mooresville.
* Mona K. Joplin, 144 Bluefield Drive, China Grove, reported the theft of a $2,000 four-wheeler from her property the night of Jan. 27.