Diploma stolen from home
A thief stole a diploma from a local woman’s home, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Maria Torres Castro, 505 Lakewood Drive, told officers the document was stolen from her home between Dec. 1 and Jan. 23.
In other Police Department reports:
* Timothy Darnell Blackwell, 28, was charged Jan. 22 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 300 S. Craige St.
* Selena Washington reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 206 Newsome Road between Jan. 18 and 19.
* Chaddrick Jamael Sturdivant, 16, was charged Jan. 22 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 1920 Old Wilkesboro Road.
* Robert Alexander Steele reported a vehicle valued at $7,000 was stolen Jan. 23 from 209 Myron Place.
* Dexter Ryan McGee, 18, 922 Celebration Drive, was charged Jan. 23 with simple assault and possession of a weapon on school grounds. He is accused of possessing and shooting a toy BB gun on a school bus, striking the bus driver, Rita Marshall, in the leg twice. He was released into his mother’s custody pending a March 15 trial date.
* Tammy Safrit reported a license plate was stolen off a National Finance company car while it was parked at 440 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. Jan. 23.
* Calli Ann Atwell reported a 1994 Buick Park Avenue stolen from 518 Wiley Ave. between Jan. 1 and 23.
* Antonio Jones, 22, 104 Tucker Dorm, Livingstone College, 701 W. Monroe St., was charged Jan. 23 with felony embezzlement of property by an employee. He is accused of embezzling multiple items from Hibbett Sports in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 25 first appearance in court.
* Donald Lee Bailey, 46, 646 Forney St., was charged Jan. 24 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at 412-B Grace St. He was held under $1,500 secured bond pending a Jan. 25 first appearance in court.
* Keyonna Michelle Bouier-Sailor, 20, 1619 N. Main St., was charged Jan. 26 with misdemeanor larceny. She was released on a written promise to appear in court April 17.
* William Sean Perry, 25, 112-E Mendota Ave., Lexington, was charged Jan. 27 with felony discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling, felony possession of a firearm by a felon and misdemeanor going armed to the terror of the people. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 29 first appearance in court.
* Antonio Shamar Davis, 20, 1007 Richard St., was charged Jan. 28 with felony receiving or transferring stolen property and failing to appear in court on a Dec. 6 simple assault charge. He was held under $4,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 29 first appearance in court.
* Christopher Morris Britt, 40, 816-A Pine St., was charged Jan. 28 with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle owned by Burton T. Leonard. Trial date was set for Feb. 1.
* Lashonda Weldon Caldwell, 31, 107 Wilson Road, was charged Jan. 28 with injury to personal property based on a complaint by Reiko Gabrielle Lattimore, 1820 Oak Hill, No. 2, Cleveland. Trial date was set for Feb. 1.
* Dawn Nichole Beard reported her vehicle was stolen Jan. 20 from 615 S. Ellis St.
* Wilberto Ortiz Canales reported items stolen from his vehicle after someone broke into it while it was parked at 801 Lakewood Drive the night of Jan. 19.
* Rufus Edward Litaker, 818 Old Concord Road, reported vandals scratched his vehicle while it was parked in his driveway Jan. 20.
* George E. Hadley reported lawn items stolen Jan. 20 from 1340 Parkview Circle.
* Shawn Dale Jones, 30, was charged Jan. 20 with possession of drug paraphernalia at 500 E. Innes St.
* Brandon John Frick reported his vehicle was stolen while he was inside a store at 1015 E. Innes St. Jan. 21.
* Ludie Ann Young reported her vehicle was stolen Jan. 21 from 1206 Bringle Ferry Road.
* Bridget Grier Henderson reported her vehicle was stolen Jan. 21 from her 1512 N. Shaver St. home.
* Judith Diane Steele Merritt reported a burglar broke into her 809 S. Fulton St. apartment Jan. 21.
* Kory Kashawn Fisher reported a burglar broke into a building at Catawba College, 2300 W. Innes St., Jan. 21 and stole a total of $3,200 in property.
* James Rippy Jr., 1531 W. Horah St., reported a burglar broke into his storage building Jan. 22.
* Bonnie Jean Cress reported her ATM card was used fraudulently at 1518 E. Innes St. the night of Jan. 21 to withdraw $180 from her account.
* Ashley Parker reported a video game stolen from 117 Pearl St. Jan. 22.
* Clarence Edward Hopkins, 33, 1002 Locke St., Apartment 1, was charged Jan. 19 with felony second-degree rape. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 22 first appearance in court.
* Shonta Latress Jones, 27, 729 Aberdine Glenn, Charlotte, was charged Jan. 22 with felony uttering a forged instrument and felony possession of stolen goods at 630 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. She was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court Jan. 24.
* Anthony Lamont Godfrey, 43, 402 Kincaid Road, Lot 8, was charged Jan. 22 with communicating threats, being intoxicated and disruptive and felony possession of a controlled substance on prison or jail premises. He was held under $6,500 secured bond pending a Feb. 28 trial date.
* Gerry Malik Brown, 49, 1122 W. Horah St., was charged Jan. 22 with being intoxicated and disruptive and second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Byron Morgan Brown, 404 S. Craige St. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Feb. 20 trial date.