Bad air conditioner causes smoke at Morgan Elementary
No students were in the Morgan Elementary mobile classroom that filled with smoke Monday after an air-conditioning unit went on the fritz, the principal said.
The mobile unit housed a music classroom, which wasn’t scheduled to be used Monday, said Susan Sigmon, principal at Morgan.
Firefighters responded when the classroom air conditioner started to smoke.
Students who were at the playground behind the mobile unit were taken back to their classrooms, Sigmon said.
She said the classroom needs to air out before it can be used again.
“It just had that electrical smell to it,” Sigmon said.