All Rowan County Band plays today
The Rowan-Salisbury School System’s best high school musicians will blend their talents this afternoon during a free concert at Carson High School.
The concert takes place at 2 p.m.
“We hope that you will be able to join us in this terrific event as we celebrate the work of our students and the recognition of March being Music in Our Schools Month,” Carson High Band Director Jeff Street wrote in an invitation to the public.
About 75 students from Rowan-Salisbury’s high schools were selected to perfrom in the 2008 Rowan County All County Honor Band.
“These students represent the best of the best in Rowan County, and we are extremely proud of their hard work and dedication to our band programs,” Street said.
To prepare for today’s concert, the students practiced throughout the day Friday, led by guest director William Petersen.
Petersen is a member of the faculty at Virginia Tech. He serves as assistant director of the Marching Virginians, director of the Hokie Pep Band and conductor of the University Campus Band.
Petersen holds bachelor of music education and master of music (wind conducting) degrees from Indiana University School of Music.
Members of the All County Honor Band and their school are:
– Flutes: Meagan Hendrick, East; Carol Brown, Carson; Ashanti Pierce, Salisbury; Jordan Warren, East; Allison Pierce, Salisbury; Ashley Freeze, South; Ashley Cline, South; and Emily Walser, Carson.
– Oboe: Morgan Griggs, Salisbury, and Kelsey Stover, East.
– Clarinets: Casey Wellmon, Carson; Jessica White, North; Patrick Diep, Carson; Colleen Cowie, East; Kristy McDaniel, North; Katelyn Garcia, Carson; Thomas Rufty, East; Viviana Donate, South; Clarissa Salazar, Salisbury; Casiann Etters, Salisbury; Andrew Adams, Carson; Sarah Price, East; Nikki Coffey, East; and Kyrsten Lane, Salisbury.
– Bass clarinets: Heather Weaver and Michelle Buchanan, Carson.
– Contra-alto: Hayley Kirschner, East.
– Trumpets: Jerry Goodnight, West; Cory Kluttz, Carson; Mandy Boyd, Carson; Matt Shue, South; Patrick Bost, North; Katie Thompson, North; Aaron Mims, East; Sam Lewis, Salisbury; and Miller Sokolowski, North.
– Horns: Meredith Allen, Carson; Robert Beaver, Salisbury; Alex Basinger, Carson; Meredith Hannah, East; and C.J. Mowery, North.
– Trombones: Ryan Emmett, Salisbury; Thomas Langford, West; Daniel Gonzalez, East; Micah Cottingham, West; and James Goodnight, West.
– Baritone: Regina Cline, East, and Joshua Burr, Carson.
– Tubas: Tevin Vincent, Salisbury; Thomas Green, North; Lauren Brittain, Carson; and Melani Lippard, West.
– Snare drums: Nathan Brown, Carson; Robby Gianfrancesco, Carson; Marveo Stofford, North; and Kailyn Cowger, Salisbury.
– Alto: Morgan Grissom, West; Josh Geter, West; Caitlin Suire, West; and Meaghan Puckett, East.
– Tenor: Josh Schiemann, Salisbury, and Michael Neely, East.
– Timpani: Jared Davis, East.
– Mallets: Andrew Hallett, North, and Laura Cohen, West.