All-county middle school band concert Monday night
The more than 80 members of the Rowan County Middle School Honors Band will perform in concert at 7 tonight at Carson High School.
The concert is free and open to the public.
In November, middle school students had the opportunity to audition for the All County Honors Band at Knox Middle School. Students were asked to prepare a portion of an instrumental solo, scales and a sight-reading piece of music for a judge.
The judges selected approximately 88 students from Rowan-Salisbury’s seven middle schools. The students rehearsed together Monday and today with guest clinician Wendy Fullagar.
Fullagar earned a bachelor’s degree in music education from Winthrop University and began teaching in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools in 1993. She earned her masters of education at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte in 2005.
Fullagar plays clarinet and saxophone in the 108th Army Reserve Band based in Charlotte, and also plays in the Carolinas Wind Orchestra at Winthrop.
Members of the All County Band are:
– Flutes: Zach Truby, West Rowan; Chloe Monroe and Savannah Ware, Southeast; Samantha Lomax and Anna-Leigh Shuping, Erwin; Cate Dunn, Traci Leak, Whitney Brown, Sallie Kate Meyerhoeffer and Ana Vences, Knox; Jade Lomax, North Rowan; and Jasmine Thurston, China Grove.
– Oboes: Adam Silverstrim, Erwin, and Suzana Brborovic, Knox.
– Bassoon: Christina Allen, Knox.
– Clarinets: Elizabeth Bevels, Summer McIntyre, Amanda McClure and Victoria O’Neill, Southeast; Leslie Bean and Erin Davis, Corriher-Lipe; Rachel Jones, Merrea Hudson, Amber Pruitt, Sierra Cassell, Janaye Hargrave, CaDaryl Sloan, Bria Gardner, Amber Bledsoe, Aaliyah Jones, Katie Adkins, Koral Gulley and Jasmine Brawley, Knox; and Katherine Carter, West Rowan.
– Bass clarinets: Aaron Kesler, China Grove; Savannah Van Camp, Corriher-Lipe; and Nyquamia Wells, Knox.
– Alto saxes: Meredith Sokolowski, and Dylan Myers, North Rowan; Jesse Chen, China Grove; Nick Watson, West Rowan; and Paige Turbeville, Corriher-Lipe.
– Tenor saxes: Skyler Mikkelson, Knox, and Gabriel Gonzalez, Erwin.
– Baritone sax: Samuel Lakey, Erwin.
– Trumpets: Patrick Love and Jake Bernhardt, China Grove; Brian Turbeville and Jamie Parham, Corriher-Lipe; Leigh Beth Lytle, West Rowan; William Nollenberger, Andrew Austin, Kevin Wong and Kristen Tajlili, Southeast; and Athena Cook, Katie Cater and Scott Friedrich, Knox.
– Horns: H.A. Hoffman IV and Andrew Langford, West Rowan; Stephanie Swing and Sarah Seifert, Knox; and Alex Gilland, North Rowan.
– Trombones: Jesse Redmond, West Rowan; Joey Frost and William Douglas, Southeast; Eugene Jones, Jimmy Leone, Nolan Meyerhoeffer, Robin Moulton and Lucas Comadoll, Knox; Daniel Shue, Corriher-Lipe; Alex Pinion, China Grove; and Matthew Bolen, North Rowan.
– Baritone: Chase Etters and Coraun Nesmith, Knox; Johnathan Randall, Erwin; and Angel Garcia, China Grove.
– Tuba: Neegbeah Reeves, North Rowan; Michael Mesiemer, Corriher-Lipe; and Chris Avant, Knox.
– Percussion: Dalton Parrot, Christian Shuping, Phillip Wirz, Misty Parrish and Hannah Barnhardt, China Grove; Johnathan Hess, West Rowan; and Dale Davis, Erwin.