Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Arson is suspected after a State Highway Patrol trooper discovered an unoccupied truck on fire June 2, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department.
The vehicle was in the 600 block of Sells Road. It is valued at $30,000.
– Christopher Lee Little, 155 Sunfish Terrace, reported the theft of fishing rods valued at $270 from his storage building between May 29 and 31.
– Jackie Eugene Buchanan, 270 Fox Run Road, reported June 1 that someone took his truck the night of May 18 and damaged the fender.
– Janet Rafaldt of Concord, reported a May 30 burglary at rental property at 1029 Lenwood Drive, Kannapolis. Total loss was $1,050.
– William Hohenstein III, 530 Bradshaw Road, Mount Ulla, was charged June 1 with domestic assault on a female for assaulting his wife, Victoria Marie Hohenstein.
– Tommy Luckey Gobble, 360 Archer Road, reported the theft of guns and a scope from his residence while he was in the hospital between May 27 and June 1. Total loss was $900.
– Robin Jordan, 4485 Mount Hope Church Road, reported the theft of a self-propelled push mower, pliers and side cutters from his home the night of May 31. Total loss was $125.
– Ronnie Thomas Johnson, 165 Dillon St., reported a video game player and 20 games were stolen from his home May 28. Total loss was $760.
– Carol L. Faison, 3740 Woodleaf Road, reported $75 damage to her mailbox June 1.
– Gary Lynn Smith of Maiden reported a white construction trailer containing power equipment was stolen from a construction site at 6050 Old Highway 70, Cleveland, between May 31 and June 2. Total loss is $9,700.
– Edwin Wesley Crowell Jr. of China Grove reported a burglar broke into a home under construction at 1215 Hinsdale Drive, Mount Ulla, June 2 and stole an aluminum walk board. Total loss was $150.
– Thomas Earl Campbell of Kannapolis reported a thrown object broke the rear window and windshield of his vehicle while it was parked on Freeze Road in Kannapolis June 2. Damage totaled $450.
– Ronald Underwood, 33, 2111 Cane View Court, Kannapolis, was charged June 2 with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after a sheriff’s deputy found a vehicle stranded in the 7900 block of Old Beatty Ford Road. Underwood was also held for failing to appear in court on a child neglect charge in Virginia.
– Enrique Herrera Morfin, 265 Wade Drive, China Grove, was charged June 2 with injury to personal property based on a complaint by Pennie S. Lee, 255 Wade Drive, China Grove. He is accused of causing $650 damage to Lee’s gas grill and satellite dish during a disturbance at his residence.
– Jose Hernan Martinez of 4465 Cauble Road, reported the theft of his vehicle from his driveway the night of June 2. The vehicle is valued at $5,000.
– Clyde Overcash of Salisbury reported a $100 park bench stolen from the Franklin Presbyterian Church, 280 Franklin Church Road, the night of June 2.
– Candi Reece Phelps, 440 Red Rose Lane, Mooresville, reported the license plate was stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at her home June 3.
– Eighteen truck tires valued at $17,000 and a van valued at $8,000 were stolen from an open field at Old U.S, 70 and Third Creek Church Road, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department.
Gary Thomas Winters of Auto Truck Transport, 320 Bear Poplar Road, Cleveland, reported the theft occurred just after 6 a.m. June 4.
– Roger Wyne Crawford, 40, 2650 Oddie Road, and John Franklin Crawford, 75, 1400 Park Ave. Extension, were charged June 4 with second-degree trespassing at Crawford’s Garage, 3520 Stokes Ferry Road, based on a complaint by Joel Crawford, 3445 Stokes Ferry Road. They were released on a written promise to appear in court July 2.
– Joel P. Norman reported June 4 that several books of checks had been stolen from his 250 Vista Drive home between April 8 and May 28.
– Shawn Swink Palumbo, 14580 Statesville Blvd., reported his 1991 Ford pickup truck was stolen from his home the night of June 3. It and its contents are valued at $6,375.
– Nathan Lance Ross, 1485 Wetmore Road, Woodleaf, reported tools valued at $670 were taken from his vehicle while it was parked at his home the night of June 3.
– Delores A. Thomas of Salisbury reported June 4 that someone used her credit card fraudulently June 1 to purchase jewelry from a website located in New Jersey.
– Lorraine H. Sink, 225 Holiday Drive, reported numerous boating related items were stolen from her boat house May 25 or 26.
– Ernest Franklin Belt, 1168 Chickadee Lane, Woodleaf, reported two horse girth straps valued at $35 each were stolen from his front porch the night of June 3.
– Thomas Dean Brown, 36, 6740 Lowder Road, was charged June 4 with making harassing phone calls based on a complaint by Brandy Lee Tabor-Young of Troutman. He was released on a written promise to appear in Iredell District Court, Statesville, July 2.
– Thomas Woodrow Steelman, 22, Lot 2 Gaddy’s Mobile Home Park, Kannapolis, was charged June 4 with injury to real property based on a complaint by Martha Howard, 139 Excel Drive, Kannapolis. He was released on a written promise to appear in court July 19.
– Robert Beaver Upright, 29, 4420 Amity Hill Road, Cleveland, was charged June 4 with simple assault, injury to personal property and breaking or entering based on a complaint by Michael Phillips, 130 Lillian Circle. He was released on a written promise to appear in court July 26.
– Jamar Lee Howell, 18, 2465 N. U.S. 29, was charged June 4 with three counts of second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Logene Miller, 185 Hunter St. He was released on a written promise to appear in court July 12.
– Shannon Owens, 38, 1669 U.S. 601 South, Mocksville, was charged June 5 with possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, driving while impaired and driving while license revoked following a traffic stop on Needmore Road at N.C. 801.
– Joel Hager reported June 5 that a burglar broke into his parents’ 2555 Long Ferry Road home through a front window and stole two shotguns.
– Tyrone Scott, 337 Scott Road, reported June 5 that someone entered his home through a side door and damaged several items of clothing.
– William Heintz, 184 Dino Drive, reported jewelry and medications stolen during a June 5 break-in at his home.
– Terry Freeze, Phyllis Miller and Alice Smith all reported June 5 that vandals had damaged their property in the 6000 block of Plyler Road, Kannapolis.
– Carolyn Caldwell reported a blower vacuum stolen from Bostian Corners store between May 25 and June 5.
– Counterfeit money was passed June 5 at Sonic America, 2894 N. Cannon Blvd., Kannapolis.
– Jamie Hudson, 206 Harris Granite Road, reported June 5 that someone had entered her home and stolen several items.
– Gail Croom of Salisbury reported June 5 that mail had been stolen from her father’s mailbox at 6690 Turkey Road.
– Sara Jane Barnett, 209 Hard Rock Drive, Rockwell, reported June 5 that someone entered her residence and removed cigarettes and cash.
– Joel W. Yates II, 294 Cruise Road, reported June 5 that a gun had been taken from his vehicle.
– Peggy Ann Smith, 225 Pethel Road, China Grove, reported June 6 that several rings were missing from her home.
– Timothy Robert Johnson, 375 Oxford Road, reported June 6 that someone broke into his home, ate some of his food and took his video game systems.
– Kerri Shumake, 445 Edmiston Road, Mount Ulla, reported a burglar broke into her home May 29 and stole jewelry.
– James Richey, 267 Dappler Lane, reported June 6 that the registration plate had been stolen from his vehicle.
– Nancy Horn Campbell of Kannapolis reported June 6 that a washer and dryer had been stolen from her grandmother’s 255 Susan Lane home.
– M.H. Ferguson, 1459 Zion Church Road, Gold Hill, reported June 6 that the registration plate had been stolen from his vehicle.
– Andrew Yost of Concord reported June 6 that three handguns had been stolen from his father’s 580 Cauble Farm Road home sometime in May.
– Codey Elwood, 2660 Cannon Farm Road, China Grove, reported a 5×8 utility trailer stolen from his property between May 30 and June 6.