Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
– Alzheimer’s Family Support Group, 4 p.m. first Mondays, Rufty-Holmes Senior Center. Information, 1-800-888-6671 or 704-633-7862.
– ARC Family Support Group for families with members with developmental disabilities, 7 p.m. third Thursdays, RHA Salisbury Vocational Center, 129 W. Corriher Ave. Information, 704-637-1521.
– Arthritis Support Group, 1:30-2:30 p.m. fourth Mondays, Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. Boundary St. Range of motion exercises and refreshments. June 25 program, Ted Weant, pharmacist. Information, 704-636-9830 or 704-637-3681.
– Autism Society of North Carolina, local chapter, 6:30 p.m. first Thursday, Partners in Learning Child Development Center. Baby sitting provided. Information, 704-278-1153.
– Caring Friends Grief Support Group for parents who have lost infants. Meets on an as-needed basis. Information, 704-636-7803 or 704-279-6279.
– Cardiac Support Group, 7 p.m. third Tuesdays in February, June and October, Cardiac Rehabilitation Wellness Center, second floor Kiser Medical Building, Rowan Regional Medical Center. Information, 704-210-5412.
– Celebrate Recovery, a Christ-centered 12-step program for hurts, habits and hangups, such as alcoholism, divorce, sexual abuse, co-dependency, domestic violence and drug, sexual, food and gambling addictions, 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Trading Ford Baptist Church fellowship building, 3600 Long Ferry Road. Information, 704-637-7523 or 704-633-5986.
– Circle of Hope support group for parents who have lost a child, 7-8:30 p.m. first Thursdays, Ramsay Building, 627 W. Innes St. Information, Lori Yang, 704-630-0319.
– Cocaine Anonymous, 6 p.m. Sundays, Salisbury VA Medical Center, Building 4, second floor. Information, 704-638-9000, extension 3186 or 3188.
– Diabetes Support Group, 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. first Tuesdays, Milford Hills United Methodist Church fellowship hall. Information, 704-638-1437.
– Divorce Care Support Group for individuals facing anger, depression and loneliness. Video sessions and discussion, 6:30 p.m. Monday, First Baptist Church, 223 N. Fulton St. Information, 704-633-0431.
– DivorceCare divorce recovery seminar and support group, 7 p.m. Thursdays, New Hope Presbyterian Church, 602 Stevens St., China Grove. Information, 704-857-3211
– Domestic Violence Support Group for women 18 and older who are or have been in abusive relationships, 4 p.m. Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, Room 213, St. John’s Lutheran Church. Childcare provided. Information, 704-636-4718.
– Fibromyalgia Support Group, 6-7 p.m. Sept. 30 and Nov. 18, Salisbury Civic Center, 315 S. Boundary St. Information, 704-638-2139.
– Foster Adoptive Families, Rowan Support Group, 7 p.m. fourth Mondays, Children’s Services, 165 Mahaley Avenue. Information, Carla Mallinson, 704-797-5096.
– God’s Special Angels support group for families with children with Down Syndrome, 6:30 p.m. first Wednesdays, Partners in Learning Center, Catawba College, 2300 W. Innes St. Information, 704-639-0406 or 704-639-1565.
– Grandparents Connection, support group for grandparents who are raising grandchildren, 7:30 p.m. second Mondays, Cornerstone Church. Information, 704-647-0279.
– Grief/Share Recovery Seminar and Support Group, 10 a.m. aand 7 p.m. every other Thursday, West A Street Church of God, 2211 W. A St., Kannapolis. Information, 704-932-9253 or 704-932-5151.
– HERO Support Group for children ages 5-12 who have witnessed domestic violence, 4 p.m. Tuesdays, 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, Room 214, St. John’s Lutheran Church. Information, Family Crisis Council, 704-636-4718.
– Incest/Rape Survivors Support Group, 5:30 p.m. second and fourth Thursdays, Room 213, St. John’s Lutheran Church. Information, Family Crisis Council, 704-636-4718.
– John Miller Colon Cancer Support Group, 7 p.m. third Tuesdays, St. John’s Lutheran Church Library. Information, Eva White, 704-212-2362.
– LifeSupport Groups spring/summer semester, 13-week series at First Baptist Church, Salisbury, for those going through a transition or crisis. Most are video-based with confidential small group discussions:
DivorceCare, 6:30 p.m. Mondays May 7-July 30.
DivorceCare for Kids, 6:30 p.m. Mondays May 7-July 30.
Celebrate Recovery, Christian based 12 step program open to individuals and those who have family members with addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors. 6:30 p.m. Mondays May 7-July 30.
GriefShare, for people who are grieving the death of someone close to them. 10 a.m. Tuesdays May 8-July 31.
Information and registration, Rod Kerr, 704-633-0431 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Living in Pink, support and education group for people with breast cancer and survivors of breast cancer, 6 p.m. first Wedneadays, second floor conference room in Rowan Regional Medical Center’s Patient Tower. Information, 704-210-6870.
– Salisbury Lupus Support Group, 1:30 p.m. third Wednesdays, J.F. Hurley YMCA. Information, Joyce Morris, 704-638-0401.
– Men Dealing With Anger for males over age 18 struggling with anger, communication and stress in relationships, 8 p.m. second and fourth Mondays, Room 123, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St. Information, Family Crisis Council, 704-636-4718.
– Mothers of Multiples Support Group for families of twins, triplets and more, 6:30 p.m. third Thursdays, Partners in Learning Center, Catawba College campus. Information, Suzannah Callahan at 704-647-0445.
– National Alliance on Mentally Illness for families, friends and consumers of mental health services, 7 p.m. first and third Tuesdays, Community Room, Rowan Health Services, 1811 E. Innes St. Information, 704-647-0168 or 1-336-284-2964.
– Multiple Sclerosis Self Help Group, 7 p.m. third Thursdays, Carillon Assisted Living, 1915 Mooresville Road. Information, 704-636-6158.
– NarAnon, Mondays and Wednesdays, noon-1 p.m., Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 1908 Statesville Blvd.; Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m., and Saturdays at 7 p.m., St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St. Information, 704-637-5108 or 704-234-5413.
– Narconon, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping those with drug addictions provides addiction help through consultation 8 a.m.-8 p.m. seven days a week. For help, call 1-800-556-8885.
– Narcotics Anonymous:
Sunday: 6:30 p.m., Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.
Monday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; 7:30 p.m. Happy Joyous & Free, First United Methodist Church, 209 E. Mill St., Landis, open discussion, wheelchair accessible, nonsmoking.
Tuesday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; noon, Embracing Reality, Metro Worship Center, 310 Brookdale St., Kannapolis, open discussion, nonsmoking, basic text study, wheelchair accessible; 6:30 p.m. Omega Group, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St., closed discussion, literature study, nonsmoking, enter through Jackson Street playground; 7:30 p.m. Free to Live, New Hope Lutheran Church, 1615 Brantley Road, Kannapolis, open discussion, basic text study, nonsmoking.
Wednesday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; 7 p.m. Omega Group, Moore’s Chapel, Monroe and Partee streets, open discussion, wheelchair accessible, nonsmoking.
Thursday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; Noon, Embracing Reality, Metro Worship Center, 310 Brookdale St., Kannapolis, open discussion, nonsmoking, basic test study, wheelchair accessible; 7:30 p.m. Omega Group, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St., closed discussion, literature study, nonsmoking, enter through Jackson Street playground.
Friday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; 7 p.m. Omega Group, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 901 S. Church St., open discussion, wheelchair accessible, nonsmoking; 8 p.m., Free to Live, New Hope Lutheran Church, 1615 Brantley Road, Kannapolis, open discussion, candlelight, nonsmoking.
Saturday: 7:30 p.m., Omega Group, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St., open discussion, nonsmoking, enter through Jackson Street playground.
Narcotics Anonymous Helplines, 704-639-8010, 1-800-428-4236, 1-800-876-5985 or 1-800-650-3615.
– Our Inspirations, multiple sclerosis self-help group for those newly diagnosed or with mild symptoms, 6:30 p.m. first Monday, First United Methodist Church, 110 Church St., China Grove. Information, 704-279-7129 or 704-857-9713, extension 21.
– Overcomers in Christ, Jericho Outreach addiction recovery program, 7 p.m. Mondays, Grace Bible Church Family Life Center, 6725 E. N.C. 152, Rockwell. Information, 704-279-6820 or Overcomersinchrist@yahoo.com. Also, 7 p.m. Wednesdays, Rockwell Public Library basement. Information, 704-213-6712.
– Overeaters Anonymous, no local meeting currently scheduled. Call 704-319-1625 for area meetings.
– Parent-to-Parent Support for parents of children with disabilities, chronic illnesses, emotional or behavioral challenges and parents of premature infants, through Family Support Network of Southern Piedmont, call 1-800-650-6526 or 704- 788-1616.
– PFLAG (Parents, Friends and Families of Lesbians and Gays) Support Group, Salisbury/ Rowan chapter, 10 a.m. second Saturdays, Haven Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 207 W.Harrison St. Information, 704-213-0181 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Recovery Anonymous for anyone affected by the disease of chemical dependency, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Sundays, Suite 211, Kent Building, 909 S. Main St. Information, 704-637-0052.
– Rowan Epilepsy Support Group, 7 p.m. second Thursdays, First United Methodist Church media room, 217 S. Church St. Information, Carole Young, 704-639-0847or email@example.com or toll-free line to Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, 1-800-642-0500.
– Rowan Regional Home Health & Hospice Grief Support Group, day and evening support groups available. Information, 704-637-7645.
– S.O.S. Survivors of Stroke, a support group for family, friends and caregivers of survivors of stroke, 10:30 a.m. second Fridays, The Laurels of Salisbury, 215 Lash Drive. Information, 704-637-1182.
– Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children Through Death, 5:30 p.m. Sundays through Nov. 14, Kannapolis First Baptist Church, 101 N. Main St., Kannapolis. Information, 704-938-4697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Surviving Stroke Support Group, 6:15 p.m. first Thursdays, Diagnostic Imaging and Physical Rehabilitation Center, Division of Rowan Regional Medical Center, 514 Corporate Circle. Information, 704-210-6918.
– Survivors of Suicide Support Group, 6:30 p.m. biweekly Mondays, St. Marks Lutheran Church, N.C. 150. Information, Renee Moore, 704-857-5193 or email@example.com. Call if you plan to attend.
– TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), 9-11 a.m. Mondays, Rufty-Holmes Senior Center; 6:15-7:15 p.m. Mondays, Salisbury Mall Police Room, weigh-in 5:30-6:15 p.m. Information, 704-637-9371 or 704-633-1253; 6-7 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen room, Carillon Assisted Living, 1915 Mooresville Road, weigh-in 5:30-6 p.m., Leader Maggie Musselwhite, 704-754-6158; 7-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, basement of East Branch of Rowan Public Library,
Rockwell, weigh-in 6 p.m., membership open, $20 annual cost, visitors welcome, Leader Denise Jacobs, 704-279-5164.
– US TOO! Prostate Support Group, 6 p.m. third Thursdays, Rowan Regional Medical Center Cardiac Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, second floor in Kiser Medical Building. Information, 704-639-0942.