Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
CHINA GROVE ó Officials say an electrical malfunction may have caused a Sunday night fire at Tuscarora Yarns Inc.
Landis Fire Chief Reed Linn said said investigators determined the blaze started at one of the machines in the plant.
Workers evacuated the mill when the fire started around 10 p.m. No injuries were reported.
The plant did not have to shut down, Linn said, and there was “no loss in production.”
Linn said Sunday that he didn’t think the fire caused a lot f structural damage. No estimate was available Monday on the dollar amount of the damages.
The Tuscarora Yarns spinning mill in China Grove employs fewer than 75 people.