n Local man charged with car break-in
A local man was being held under $20,000 secured bond on charges he broke into a vehicle parked at Rowan Public Library, 201 W. Fisher St., according to the Salisbury Police Department.
David Lee Pethel, 44, 226 N. Long St., was charged June 21 with felony breaking and entering a motor vehicle. He was held pending a first appearance in court.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
– Brandon Warren Bullock, 17, 815 S. Jackson St., was charged June 21 with uttering a forged instrument at F&M Bank on June 15. He is accused of stealing the check from Jason Randy Kluttz, 100 Allen Lane. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a July 25 trial date.
– Tavaris Rahaan Ferrell, 20, 509 Grove St., was charged June 21 with using a telephone to threaten bodily harm based on a complaint by Kaylan Leonard of Wilmington. Trial date is July 31 in New Hanover District Court in Wilmington.
– Christopher James McGee, 17, 79 Hill St., was charged June 23 with felony breaking and entering a motor vehicle and felony larceny of a firearm at 1109 Celebration Drive. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Charles Gilbert Gillespie Jr., 46, 2545 Cannon Farm Road, No. 3, Kannapolis, was charged June 23 with second-degree trespassing at Wilco Hess, 500 E. Innes St. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Sept. 5 trial date.
– Joe Neil Casper, 27, 111 N. Fisherman’s Lane, was charged June 24 with being intoxicated and disruptive in the Holiday Inn parking lot at 530 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. He was held under $500 secured bond pending an Aug. 8 trial date.
– Nathan Ray Miller, 26, 104 Dominion Drive, Granite Quarry, was charged both June 23 and 24 with second-degree trespassing at the Holiday Inn, 530 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Aug. 13 the first night. He was held under $300 secured bond pending an Aug. 13 trial date the second night.
– Holly Christine Mundy, 21, 420 Pinewood Ave., was charged June 25 with disorderly conduct at her home. She was held under $200 secured bond pending an Aug. 15 trial date.
– Brittany Desha Thompson, 19, was charged June 23 with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill based on a complaint by Khadija Reeves at 610 E. Lafayette St.
– Melissa Mary Rita Causey reported she was assaulted and property was damaged June 23 at 1334 Filbert St.
– Stephanie Boston Flowe reported her purse was stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 827 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. June 23.
– Anthony Todd Horn reported a $3,500 Baja scooter was stolen June 23 from 715 Hall St.
– Justin Vincent Honeycutt, 17, was charged June 23 with felony fleeing to elude arrest.
– Latorya Mfoust Hinton reported a burglar tried to break into 1710 Old Wilkesboro Road June 24.
– Jerolyn McIlwayne Dillard reported vandals slashed tires on his vehicle June 25.
– Rickey Lewis reported vandals broke windows and flattened the tires on his vehicle while it was parked at 1512 N. Jackson St. June 25.
– Lydia Tabitha Nicopulos reported vandals damaged three tires on her vehicle while it was parked at 508 W. Cemetery St. June 25.
– William Anthony Akers, 829 N. Jackson St., reported someone broke into his car while it was parked at his home June 25, slashed the back tires and stole a Sirius radio and Cobra radar detector.
– Elbert Leon Chambers, 1031 Old Plank Road, reported items valued at $950 were stolen during a June 25 burglary at his home.
– Marsha Hyll, 501 W. Monroe St., reported vandals broke a $150 window at her home June 25.
– William Michael Goodman reported a vandalism at 614 N. Ellis St. the night of June 24.
– Mark Anthony Almeida reported a motor vehicle was stolen June 25 from 1517 E. Innes St.
– John Lee Farris Jr., 34, 224 S. Craige St., was charged June 25 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Courtney Farris, same address. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is July 19.
– George Alan Lyerly, 200 S. Long St., reported a mountain bike was stolen from his back porch during a June 25 burglary.
– Ronnie Martin Hamilton reported his vehicle was stolen June 25 from 302B N. Shaver St.
– Ryan Thomas Mattox, 28, 315 Ashbrook Road, No. 24, was charged June 25 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Martha Lilian Arbaiza, 720 Cooper Road. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is July 26.
n Local man charged with car break-in