Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
A set of hand weights was all that was stolen after someone broke into a vacant house, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department.
Faye Cavin Tadlock of Kannapolis told deputies someone broke a window to get into the house at 170 Everett Lane, China Grove, between June 10 and 15. Damage to the window was $150. The hand weights are valued at $20.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Eric Dale Snow, 46, 7505 Spring Acres Drive, Kannapolis, was charged June 15 with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle based on a complaint by Michael Todd Snow, same address. He was held under $300 secured bond pending an Aug. 15 trial date.
– Leticia Martinez Betancourt, 1212 Gaddy Mobile Home Drive, Kannapolis, reported her purse stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at her home the night of June 14. Total loss was $445.
– Katherine Smith Prophet, 2605 Lower Stone Church Road, Rockwell, reported the license tag stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at her home the June 14 and 15.
– Joe Wayne Moore, 7975 Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell, reported $2,900 stolen from a safe in his home office between June 9 and 15.
– Robert Earl Corum, 33, 1010 English St., was charged June 15 with inhaling toxic fumes. He was held under $200 secured bond pending an Aug. 2 trial date.
– Crystal L. Eagle of Salisbury reported a June 15 burglary at her friend Pamela L. Edwards’ 1212 Old Oak Lane, Woodleaf, home.
– Gayla Cartner McDaniel, 445 Archer Road, reported a handgun and several items of electronic equipment stolen during a June 16 break-in at her home. Total loss was $1,490.
– Brian Eugene Mishak, 28, 3195 River Road, Richfield, was charged June 16 with felony larceny of a motor vehicle. He is accused of stealing a vehicle owned by Mark Anthony Volner of Salisbury from a friend’s house at 1445 Ribelin Road and wrecking it a couple of miles away. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Marcus Roberts of the Charlotte Observer reported June 16 that the newspaper’s box at Lentz General Store, 9020 Stokes Ferry Road, was stolen in May.
– Robert Mitchell of Woodleaf reported vandals spray-painted a side of the field house at North Hills Christian School, 2970 W. Innes St., on June 16. Damage totaled $200.
– Gary Steele of Cleveland reported a burglar broke into a storage building at Third Creek Presbyterian Church, 2055 Third Creek Church Road, Cleveland, between June 13 and 16, but nothing was missing.
– Brenda T. Mosley, 1155 Zebulon Drive, reported the theft of a set of golf clubs from a storage building and a handgun and carton of cigarettes from a nightstand in her home between June 13 and 16. Total loss was $1,538.50.
– Robert Brabbin Long, 45, 3160 Third Creek Church Road, Cleveland, was charged June 16 with two counts of felony taking indecent liberties with a child. He was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Jodi Lyneweader, 4065 U.S. 601, reported a $400 miniature motorcycle stolen from her carport the night of June 15.
– Sherry H. Stallings, 1025 N. Enochville Ave., China Grove, reported vandals broke a window at her home June 16 with a baseball. Damage totaled $600.
– Cynthia Ann Phares, 1047 Lenwood Lane, Kannapolis, reported a burglar broke into her home between June 15 and 17, but nothing was missing. Damage to the front door totaled $200.
– James L. Smith, 370 Squirrel Run, reported a $2,000 riding mower stolen from his home the night of June 16.
– James Henry Myrick, 4208 Old Concord Road, reported a tool box and tools valued at $4,500 stolen from his storage building June 17.
– Joseph Andrew Daniels, 24, 355 Chesapeake Drive, was charged June 17 with simple possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, speeding, speeding to elude arrest, possession of a fictitious tag, driving while license revoked, reckless driving, driving left of center, failure to stop for a stop light and failure to stop for a stop sign on Boundary Street near Horah Street. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Jody Wayne Blackwelder of Cooleemee reported the theft of a $300 pickup truck and its license tag from a vacant lot at 1180 Tootsie Road, between May 28 and June 18.
– Dowann Jay Andrade, 33, 6025 Foster Road, Woodleaf, was charged June 18 with giving fictitious information to an officer, driving while license revoked and failing to appear in court on earlier charges. He was held under $2,000 secured bond pending a July 6 trial date.
– Patricia Ann Fleming, 37, 608 Sides Lane, East Spencer, was charged June 18 with contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile based on a complaint by Samarron Graham, 505 Charles St., Spencer. She was released on a written promise to appear in court Aug. 2.
– Charlene Michele Ferraro of China Grove reported June 18 that someone stole her paycheck and then forged her name to it to cash it April 13.
– William Anthony Stanley, 38, 411 Lake Drive, Granite Quarry, was charged June 18 with assault and battery based on a complaint by Eric Burton, 416 Lake Drive, Granite Quarry. Trial date is July 12.
– Ronald Alexander Carmichael, 24, 417 Royal St., East Spencer, was charged June 18 with misuse of the 911 system. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Aug. 6.
– Samantha JoAnn Hobart of Woodleaf reported the license tag stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at the Bull Hole at River Park on Erwin Temple Church Road June 18.
– Aron Joseph Burleson, 29, 3855 Goodman Lake Road, was charged June 18 with resisting a public officer. Trial date is July 17.
– Steven Lynn Rumple of Landis reported a chain saw and grass trimmer stolen from a storage building at 2155 S. U.S. 29, China Grove, the night of June 17.
– Benjamin Milton Jarvis, 160 Pine View Circle, reported the theft of a $379 pistol from a storage building on his property between June 12 and 18.