Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
A burglar apparently set off an alarm and was then scared away from Knollwood Elementary School, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Ricky Dunlap from Knollwood, 3075 Shue Road, told deputies May 17 that someone broke into the school through a roof hatch and stole a walkie talkie before being scared off by the alarm.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Stefanie Victoria Melton, 22, 1885 N. Enochville Ave., Kannapolis, was charged May 17 with second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Keith Greene, 2475 Cannon Farm Road, Kannapolis. She was also charged with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer. She was held under $300 secured bond pending a June 25 trial date.
– David Griffin of Holcomb Motorsports, reported May 17 that someone entered his business at 1018-A Gateway Drive, Mooresville, by throwing a rock through a side window. Nothing appeared to have been taken.
– Henry Hampton of Lazy 5 Ranch reported May 17 that someone had stolen a blue and gold bird and bird cage.
– Karen Heglar report May 17 that someone stole a mower, grass trimmer and gas can from her garage.
– Willie Isaac Davis, 855 White Rock Ave., Salisbury, reported May 17 that someone entered his home and removed items.
– Robert Anthony Fenn, 31, 238 W. Fleming Road, Montgomery, Ala., was charged May 17 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and simple possession of marijuana on Old Mocksville Road at East Ridge Road. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a May 21 trial date.
– Aaron Dominique Wilks, 19, 800 N. Church St., was charged May 17 with felony possession of cocaine, resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer and two counts of failing to appear in court on earlier drug charges on Old Mocksville Road at East Ridge Road. He was also served warrants held by the Salisbury Police Department. He was held under $25,000 combined bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Terry Wayne Davis, 40, 175 Court Lane, Mooresville, was charged May 20 with possession of stolen property, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, displaying a fictitious tag and no operator’s license at Camp Wesley Grocery on Deal Road in Mooresville. He was held under $1,500 secured bond pending a July 9 trial date.
– Lionel Barrymore Collins III, 17, 3780 Cauble Road, was charged May 19 with resisting, obstructing and delaying a public officer, no operator’s license and failure to heed light/siren. He was held under $2,000 secured bond pending a June 6 trial date.
– Adam John Herrin, 24, 1237 Circle Drive, China Grove, was charged May 16 with intimidating a witness. He was held under $15,000 secured bond pending a May 30 trial date.
– Michelle Napier Chapin, 34, 731 Rain Place, Kannapolis, was charged May 16 with breaking and entering, misdemeanor larceny and injury to property. She was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a June 6 trial date.
– Stacy Barnette, 122 Ervin Loop, China Grove, reported May 16 that items valued at $130 had been stolen from his open garage May 3 or 4.
– Nancy Webb Brensekey of Winston-Salem reported her credit card was stolen from her 930 Panther Point Drive lake home between Jan. 1 and May 15 and has been used in Salisbury and Kannapolis.
– Sherry L. Harrison, 215 Freedom Drive, reported May 16 that someone has been shooting a BB at people around her home.
– Sharon Lewis Bruce, 33, 113 Brookridge Lane, Mooresville, was charged May 16 with a domestic violence protective order violation based on a complaint by Graham H. Bruce III, 223 Birtwick Drive, Rockwell. She was held pending a bond hearing.
– Gerald Wayne New Jr., 21, 315 Ludwick Ave., was charged May 16 with possession of pyrotechnics. Trial date was May 21.
– James Dean Shehan, 24, 380 Ford Road, was charged May 16 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Donna Shehan. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a June 14 trial date.
– Tammy Dobson Summers, 43, 186 Joe Summers Road, Woodleaf, was charged May 16 with simple assault based on a complaint by Victoria Gonzales, 714 Park Ave. Trial date is June 28.
– Michael Allen Church, 2208 Nellie St., Kannapolis, reported May 16 that someone had cut his pool liner, causing $625 damage.
– Alan Lynn Bradford, 37, 11950 Shinn Road, was charged May 17 with felony larceny. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Justin Michael Powers, 295 Wingate Lane, Rockwell, reported vandals broke a window at his home with a block on May 17. Damage totaled $450.