Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
$44,000 in equipment stolen at pipeline site
Equipment valued at $44,000 was stolen from a pipeline construction site on Gheen Road at Jones Road, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department.
Gary D. Price of Mears Construction from Rosebush, Mich., told deputies the straw and seed thrower, trencher trailer, auger blades and attachments were stolen the night of May 23 from the site belonging to Williams Gas Pipeline of Charlottesville, Va.
In other Sheriff’s Department reports:
– Mark Matney of M & M Electric, reported May 24 that copper wiring had been stolen from a construction site at 715 Candlewick Drive.
– Keith Levan reported May 24 that copper wire and refrigerator lines had been removed from the basement of a house at 590 Davis Farm Drive.
– Michael Pierce reported May 24 that copper wire had been stolen from a house being built at 568 Bellingshire Drive, Mount Ulla.
– Melvin Schenck, 10655 Old Concord Road, China Grove, reported May 24 that granite blocks and electrical wire had been stolen from a house being built at 10575 Old Concord Road.
– Dale Allen Fredricks, 5521 Enochville School Road, Kannapolis, reported a $4,000 utility trailer was stolen from his property May 24.
– Jack Lowder reported May 23 that vandals punched eight large holes in the walls of a rental house that he owns at 5675 Wright Road, Kannapolis.
– A juvenile was charged May 23 with disorderly conduct at Erwin Middle School, 170 St. Luke’s Church Road.
– Danny Spry, 3685 Needmore Road, Cleveland, reported May 23 that someone had removed the satellite radio from his unlocked van.
– Tamara Long reported May 23 that a check made out to Cynthia Dutch had been stolen from a mailbox at 13101 Megan Drive, Rockwell.
– Barbara Jean Fox, 313 Gaddy St., Kannapolis, reported May 23 that her 2000 Ford Ranger had been stolen from her driveway.
– Kenneth Michael Caldwell, 1255 Oliver Road, Rockwell, reported May 23 that a CD case and assorted CDs had been stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at his home.
– Carlin Daniel Epling, 710 Gold Knob Road, reported May 23 that trespassers on his property had cut three sections of barbed-wire fence.
– Thomas Lee Brinngton, 4555 Long Ferry Road, reported May 23 that someone shot at his residence during the night. The bullet damaged a window and two walls.
– Donald Eric Perkins, 102 Sunfish Terrace, reported May 23 that tools and fishing rods had been stolen from his outbuilding.
-Joshua Paul Moore, 245 Red Rose Lane, Mooresville, reported the May 25 theft of a $4,400 dirt bike from his property.
– Crystal Dawn Allman, 118 Tanglewood Drive, Kannapolis, reported the theft of a 2000 Suzuki valued at $4,000 and a $25 ball cap from a storage building on her property the night of May 24.
– Jonas Dolphas Kilby, 116 Overcash Ave., Kannapolis, reported a pressure washer and grass trimmer stolen from his storage building the night of May 24. Total loss was $300.
– Lorraine Hedrick Sink of Salisbury reported someone accessed her checking account by the Internet on May 22.
– Joseph Preston Butts, 2470 Morgan Road, Gold Hill, reported a gun, piggy bank and three rings were stolen during a May 25 burglary at his home. Total loss was $730.
– Nicholas Matthew Barbee, 330 Lake Landing Drive, was charged May 25 with larceny of fuel from Lentz’s General Store, 9020 Stokes Ferry Road. He was also cited for driving while license revoked. He was released on a written promise to appear in court.
– Pamela Lynn Bryant of Salisbury reported her husband’s truck was stolen May 25 from 2726 Old Concord Road. The truck and items inside it are valued at $6,430.
– Sybil McCraven Long, 1055 Percy Lane, Rockwell, reported vandals broke the windshield of her vehicle while it was parked at her home May 26. Damage totaled $200.
– Wayne Harold Thompson, 19180 Old Beatty Ford Road, Gold Hill, reported medication valued $100 was stolen from his home May 24 or 25.
– David Lynn Stewart, 156 Dino Drive, reported vandals beat holes in the siding on his mobile home May 25. Damage totaled $150.
– Herb Sidney Goodman, 1885 Sells Road, reported vandals shot a window at his home with a pellet gun May 26. Damage totaled $200.
– Michael Vincent Rothwell Jr. of Salisbury reported someone cut the convertible top on his vehicle while it was parked at 6930 Faith Road May 26. Damage totaled $2,500.
– Olivia Driver, 3910 Stokes Ferry Road, reported someone cut three padlocks on her outbuildings May 25 or 26. Damage totaled $27.
– Vandals switched two deer statues and well cover from Paulene Pethel Wilson’s 150 Scaley Bark Drive property to neighbor Barbara JoAnne Bunton’s 145 Scaley Bark Drive property the night of May 26.
– Everett Messer, 2140 Panther Creek Road, was charged May 27 with simple assault based on a complaint by Rick L. Tutwiler, owner of Lentz General Store, 9070 Stokes Ferry Road. Messer was released on a written promise to appear in court.
– Cigarettes, meat and coins were stolen during a burglary at West Side Market, 615 N. Enochville Ave., Kannapolis, the night of May 27. Total loss was $2,025.
– Samuel Douglas Corriher, 9055 Unity Church Road, Mooresville, reported a $7,000 motorcycle owned by Thomas Harry Bonzo of Concord was stolen from his home May 28.
– Harry Lee Morrison, 3850 Millbridge Road, reported his mailbox was stolen and the frame damaged the night of May 27. Damage totaled $100.
– Sandra Rhinehardt, 310 Renshaw Road, Woodleaf, reported vandals damaged several yard torches the night of May 27.
– Lee Franklin Wilson Jr., 2555 Wyatt Grove Church Road, Richfield, reported vandals broke the back window of his car while parked at his home May 28. Damage totaled $300.