Spencer club shows its appreciation to homeowners
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009
The Spencer Community Appearance Commission awards banquet was held Thursday at the Spencer Woman’s Club. The following award winners were presented with a Certificate of Appreciation, signed by Mayor Jody Everhart.
– Rodney and Tina Jester, 510 S. Carolina Ave.
– Annie Bates, 1615 S. Salisbury Ave.
– North Rowan High School, 300 N. Whitehead Ave.
– Giuseppe Lopriore, 601 Seventh St.
– West and Kim Webster, 312 N. Yadkin Ave.
– Patrick and Rosalie Morrison, 501 Oakwood Ave.
– Jody and Steve Vail, 600 Fourth St.
– Randall and Wanda Dwiggins, 216 N. Rowan Ave.
– Jeff Baynard, 615 Fifth St.
– Rob and Chandra Altemare, 18 Picket Ave.
– Andy Martin and Scottie Oxentine, 205 N Rowan Ave.
– John and Terri Teague, 507 Fourth St.
– Bethamy Retirement Center, Susan Morris, 909 N. Salisbury Ave.
– Library Park, Fourth Street.
– Calvary Lutheran Church, 305 Fifth St.
– Annie L. Lee, 707 Third St.
– Pat Brandt, 509 Fourth St.
The Annual Albert Stout Award is presented to the outstanding efforts of one award winner. This year the award was presented to Annie Lee, for her hard work and effort to not only rebuild her house to the original design after a heart-wrenching fire destroyed it, but she also worked immediately on the landscape, and had the first spring flowers blooming along the walk to her front porch.
This year the Community Appearance Commission presented its first Junior Gardener Award to Shelby Myers, daughter of Ashley and Tweena Myers of Spencer. Shelby successfully grew a tomato plant and officially kicked-off the JGOS program: “Junior Gardeners of Spencer.”
For information on the Spencer Community Appearance Commission Awards, to recommend a home or business for the awards, or to become a Junior Gardener of Spencer, please contact Spencer Town Hall at 704-633-2231.