Sheriff's blotter – Traffic stop results in charge of narcotics possession
Rowan County Sheriff’s deputies arrested a man during a traffic stop on March 27 after they reportedly found the driver was in possession of narcotics.
William Kenneth Barringer, 26, was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule II at 999 Mooresville Road and West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
In other sheriff’s reports:
– Colton R. Overcash reported on March 27 his car was keyed while in the East Rowan High school parking lot at 175 St. Lukes Church Road.
– A 23-year-old female reported a March 27 assault at Oak Mountain Road.
– Carly Melissa Moore reported a March 27 larceny from a motor vehicle at 9980 Caldwell Road, Mount Ulla.
– Anthony Renard Chance reported on March 27 he allowed someone to stay at his home and the person took several items from the home, 3020 W. Innes St.
– Joshua Eugene Burleyson reported a March 27 larceny of a firearm at 3040 Emanuel Church Road, Rockwell.
– Billy Ray Graham reported on March 27 a burglary where handguns, jewelry and money were taken from 915 N. Chapel St., Landis.
– Ashley Chere Lowe reported on March 27 a television was stolen from 3455 Sherills Ford Road.
– Justin Vincent Honeycutt reported on March 28 someone took his Playstation game console and a 12-gauge shotgun from 710 St. Andrews Church Road, Woodleaf.
– Lewis M. Johnson reported on March 28 someone entered the Webb Road flea market and cut a tarp at a booth at 905 Webb Road.
– Grover Leon Garrison reported on March 29 a vehicle fire at 1900 Cauble Road/Sells Road.
– Robin Glenn Hartwell reported on March 29 someone threw a rock through the rear window of her car at 204 Overcash Ave., Kannapolis.
– Cheesman’s General Store reported a March 29 larceny at 9805 Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
– Thomas Cousar reported that on March 29 a juvenile assaulted a group home employee at Crescent Road, Rockwell.
– Michael Edward Dolesh, 22, was charged March 29 with driving while impaired after a traffic stop for not wearing a seat belt.
– Travis Elmer Cox, 29, was charged March 29 with misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun at 415 Geiger Lane.
– Elaine Dawn Reece, 39, driving while impaired at 100 Garmon Road, China Grove.
– David James Postl, 29, was charged March 27 with misdemeanor assault on a female at 1066 Tucker Lane, Gold Hill.
– Brittney Nicole Brunson, 21, was charged March 28 with driving while impaired at 1098 E. Innes St. after she was stopped for speeding.
– Chloe Lattanzi Thomas, 22, was charged March 28 with misdemeanor disorderly conduct when she was arrested on the Interstate 85 south ramp at East Innes St for cursing. She was asked to stop and refused.
– John T. Wylie, 60, was charged March 28 with driving while impaired at 1099 W. Henderson St. after he was stopped when his vehicle went left of center.
– Jose Alvaro Pleitez, 20, was charged with driving while impaired at 400 Mirror Lake Road after a vehicle stop for unsafe movement.
– Cinquan Demarus Moody, 27, was charged with being intoxicated and disruptive at 3150 Weddington Ave., Kannapolis.
– Jamie Aileen Pugh, 28, was arrested for resist, delay, obstruct a police officer at 613 Salisbury St., China Grove when she failed to comply with commands while a friend of her was being arrested.
– Tiffany Marie Barbee, 21, was charged March 29 with misdemeanor false report of theft or conversion.
– Lavon Jerome Hollingsworth, 17, was charged March 29 with misdemeanor injury to personal property.
– Traci R. Cuthbertson, 37, was charged March 29 with misdemeanor simple assault at 100 W. Innes St.
– Matthew Joshua Cerda, 25, was charged March 28 with misdemeanor assault on a female at 10625 Cool Springs Road, Woodleaf.
– William Arthur Sturgeon, 35, was charged March 28 with felony failure to register as a sex offender at 10030 Cool Springs Road, Woodleaf.
– Moises Esquivel, 33, was charged March 27 with misdemeanor assault on a female at 375 Oak Mountain Road.
– Jeff Sparker, 51, was charged March 27 with misdemeanor simple assault at 118 W. Liberty St.
– David Lawrence Abbott, 48, was charged March 28 with driving while impaired at 129 Mallard Lane, Rockwell.