Sheriff reports: Traffic stop yields drug charges
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reported that two men were charged with possession of marijuana after a vehicle failed to heed a stop sign at 115 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. Craig Fleming Honeycutt, 30, was charged with possession of a controlled substance, and Jason Brent Kesler, 32, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
Authorities seized a glass smoking pipe, rolling papers, syringes and rubber strips for syringes.
In other sheriff’s reports:
– Tom Rollins reported June 17 that copper electrical wiring was stolen from 1250 Craneview Road.
– Thomas Wiley Reid reported June 17 that his wife took his truck from 2025 N. Main St., China Grove, and has not returned the vehicle.
– Jon Colin James Woods reported June 17 a burglary at 255 Madison Road, China Grove.
– Hugh Willis McClenney reported June 17 that his truck was vandalized at 165 Braidon Drive, Rockwell.
– A 24-year-old woman reported June 17 that her boyfriend took money from her purse and then assaulted her at Hickory Wood Drive, Kannapolis.
– Kayla Ann Moore, 22, was charged June 17 with simple assault at 271 Bluefield Drive, China Grove.
– Kendrick Jamal Vinson, 17, was charged June 17 of breaking and entering at 1432 Old Wilkesboro Road.
– Barrie S. Spurling, 20, was charged June 17 of misuse of 911 emergency telephone system at 225 Nuggett Lane.
– Levi Bryant Smith, 25, was charged June 17 of assault by strangulation at 118 W. Liberty St.
– Michelle Lee Corriher, 28, was charged June 17 of non-child support at 905 Peeler Road.
Anyone with information about any of these cases is asked to contact the Salisbury-Rowan Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.