Sheriff reports: Driver charged after chase
A man was arrested on a drug charge May 21 after a black Ford Bronco eluded a multiagency checkpoint on Parks Road and was involved in a brief chase, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
The driver, Johnny Lee Myers, 18, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Lee Hugh Patton, 2206 Nellie St., Kann., reported on May 20 that someone cut the tires on his truck.
– Ken Cofer reported on May 17 the larceny of a boat motor at 141 Westminster Ct.
– Phillip Leo Davis, 1125 Timberbrook Lane, reported on May 19 that someone attempted to enter his home by breaking a window in the door.
– James Philip Bostian reported the larceny of lawn mowers on May 21 at 809 E. Liberty St, China Grove.
– Charles L. Brooks reported on May 13 that someone stole medication out of his mail box at 604 Brookfield Cir.
– Deborah Sue Mohler reported on May 21 a burglary at 230 Douglas St.
– Jerry Holshouser reported on May 22 a burglary at 170 Eller Dr.
– Jason Strider Phillip, 32, was charged May 22 with possession of a controlled substance at 4600 Millbridge Road, China Grove.
– Tasha Nicole West, 24, 1050 Pinehaven Drive, was charged May 22 with simple assault.
– Joseph Knox, 45, was charged May 23 with carrying a concealed gun at 300 E. Kerr St.
– David Adam Hodge, 19, was charged May 22 with possession of drug paraphernalia at 513 N. Enochville Ave., Kannapolis.
Anyone with information on these cases is asked to contact Salisbury-Rowan Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.