Salisbury Police: Three convenience stores targeted
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Three convenience stores were robbed on the same day, according to the Salisbury Police Department:
– On Jan. 26, Country Cupboard, 2010 Statesville Blvd., reported a male robbed the store with no weapon.
– On Jan. 26, Rushco 4, 1901 W. Innes St., reported someone robbed the store, saying he had a gun. Witnesses did not see the gun.
– On Jan. 26, Kangaroo Express, 2270 Statesville Blvd. reported someone tried to rob the gas station.
In other reports from the Salisbury Police Department:
– On Jan. 26, Coin-Star Entertainment reported someone stole money from a coin-operated machine at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– On Jan. 26, Faststop, 2210 S. Main St., reported a larceny.
– On Jan. 26, Bank of North Carolina, 415 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., reported someone passed an altered check.
– On Jan. 26, Holiday Inn, 530 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., reported an embezzlement.
– On Jan. 27, Murphy’s Express, 1010 Freeland Dr., reported an employee received money for goods sold and placed the money in his pocket instead of the cash register.
– On Jan. 27, Lelo Jamahl Burt, 21, was arrested for non-support of child at 701 W. Monroe St.
– On Jan. 27, Donald Ray Denham, 44, was arrested on charges of non-support of child at 232 N. Main St.
– On Jan. 27, Elijah Leon Dennis, 18, was charged with possession of a controlled substance, Schedule VI, at 100 O C Pine Dr.
– On Jan. 27, Kenneth William Wright, 22, was charged with misdemeanor larceny at 303 Ole Walter Farm Rd., China Grove.
– On Jan. 27, Lapresha Clark, 701 W. Monroe St., reported someone stole her credit card.
– On Jan. 27, Dill & Sons Electrical, 328 Maupin Ave., reported an employee stole tools and items and pawned them.
– On Jan. 27, Jillian Leigh Kluttz, 19, 2017 N. Park Dr., reported she was bitten by a dog.
– On Jan. 27, Leonard Pignatello, 605 W. Council St., reported someone broke into his car and stole a digital camera.
– On Jan. 28, Richard Vincent Jr., 115 W. 11th St., reported someone broke into his Dodge passenger van and stole his GPS system.
– On Jan. 28, Birgit Hurley reported someone took medication from her purse at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– On Jan. 28, Janet Heilig reported someone broke the rear passenger window to her Infinity and stole her gym bag, containing clothing, shoes and an MP3 player. The vehicle was parked at Salisbury Mall at the time.
– On Jan. 26, Keith Antonio Wise, 27, was charged with aiding and abetting at 1005 Lakewood Dr.
– On Jan. 26, Jeffrey Scott Kirkland, 28, was charged with misdemeanor larceny.
– On Jan. 27, Michael Shawnte Futch, 28, was charged with being intoxicated and disruptive at 2010 Statesville Blvd.
– On Jan. 28, Mark Alvin Creason, 50, was charged withdriving while impaired at 800 Old Concord Rd.