Red Cross prepares for Thanksgiving holiday
With the Thanksgiving holidays fast approaching, the American Red Cross needs your help to save lives. Blood collections decrease during the holidays because of those who are traveling and sick with colds or the flu, but the need for blood increases. You can help by giving blood at one of the following sites. All donors are automatically entered to win two Delta Airline tickets.
Sixteen-year-olds can now donate blood but must have a parent or legal guardian with them and photo ID.
For more information, call Sherry Smith at 704-633-3854, Ext. 105.
Sunday, Nov. 1- 1-5:30 p.m., Stallings Memorial Baptist, 817 S. Main St. Appt., call church office, 704-636-2052.
– 1-5:30 p.m., St. Luke’s Lutheran, 11020 N.C. 801, Mount Ulla. Appt., call Micki Karriker, 704-278-4485.
Tuesday, Nov. 3- 3-7:30 p.m., Sacred Heart Catholic School, 385 Lumen Christi Lane, sponsored by Eighth Grade Class. Appt., call Sherry Smith.
Thursday, Nov. 5- 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Catawba College, 2300 W. Innes St., sponsored by Pre-Health Organization, ACS and Tri-Beta. Appt., call Beverly Maurice, 336-655-5035.
Sunday, Nov. 8- 1-5:30 p.m., Organ Lutheran Church, 1515 Organ Church Road. Appt., call Teenie McCullough, 704-279-2318.
Monday, Nov. 9- 1-5:30 p.m., American Red Cross, 1930 Jake Alexander Blvd. W. Appt., call Sherry Smith.
Wednesday, Nov. 11- 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, 1333 Jake Alexander Blvd., sponsored by SGA. Appt., call Sherry Smith.
– 2-6:30 p.m., Spencer Community Blood Drive, Spencer Moose Lodge, 1301 N. Elizabeth Ave., Spencer. Appt., call Sherry Smith.
Sunday, Nov. 15- 1-5:30 p.m., Woodleaf Community Blood Drive, Woodleaf Community Center, 9025 Cool Springs Road. Appt., call Alex Shumaker, 704-278-9338.
– 1-5:30 p.m., Christiana Lutheran Church, 6190 Hwy. 52. Appt., Boni Lowry at 704-210-8723.
Sunday, Nov. 22- 1-5:30 p.m., Luther’s Lutheran Church, 4955 Richfield Road, Richfield. Appt., call Kathy Varnadore, 704-279-3984.
Monday, Nov. 23- 1:30-6 p.m., China Grove Community Blood Drive, St. Mark’s Lutheran, 326 N. Main St., China Grove. Appt., call Sherry Smith.
– 2:30-7 p.m., Franklin Baptist Church, 3810 Hwy. 601. Appt., call Sandi Hache’, 704-636-5480.
Tuesday, Nov. 24- 1:30-6 p.m., Autumn Care, 1505 Bringle Ferry Road. Appt., call Lisa Elliott at 704-637-5885.
Friday, Nov. 27- 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m., State Farm Insurance Agency, 706-B Jake Alexander Blvd. W. Donors will receive holiday ornament. Appt., call Sherry Smith.
Saturday, Nov. 28- 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Antioch Baptist Church, 16920 Stokes Ferry Road, Richfield. Donors will receive holiday ornament. Appt., call Carol Russell, 704-463-7829.
– 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Salisbury Mall, 1935 Jake Alexander Blvd. Donors will receive holiday ornament. Appt., call Sherry Smith.
Sunday, Nov. 29
– 1-5:30 p.m., Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church, 5080 Sherrills Ford Road. Donors will receive holiday ornament. Appt., call Penny Barger, 704-202-4664.