R3 center workshops
KANNAPOLIS ó The R3 Center is offering numerous career development workshops and resume clinics in September for adults in Cabarrus and Rowan counties. All of the programs are provided free of charge.
Located at 164 Dale Earnhardt Blvd., the R3 Center is a career development center established by Rowan-Cabarrus Community College to assist workers who are unemployed or under-employed.
The center’s mission is built on three Rs ó a refocus on individual skills and interests, retraining and further education and partnering with other workforce development agencies to secure career-oriented re-employment.
The center’s September schedule of workshops includes the following sessions. Due to the popularity of its free workshops, the R3 Center strongly encourages clients to call in advance at 704-216-7201 and reserve a seat. Call also for specific workshop locations.
– New Client Launch ó 9 a.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays, 6 p.m. on Mondays and 2 p.m. on Thursdays. New Client Launch is an orientation program for persons who have never attended an R3 Center workshop or taken advantage of its other services;
– Stand Up & Network ó 6 p.m. on Sept. 2 and 2 p.m. on Sept. 22;
– Identifying Your Career Options ó 10 a.m. on Sept. 3 and 25, 9 a.m. on Sept. 8, and 6 p.m. on Sept. 15 and 29;
– Looking for Work at 50-plus ó 6 p.m. on Sept. 3 and 2 p.m. on Sept. 29;
– Back to School 101 ó 2 p.m. on Sept. 8;
– The ABCs of Computer Usage ó 6 p.m. on Sept. 9 and 10 a.m. on Sept. 18;
– N.C. Research Campus Careers 101 ó 10 a.m. on Sept. 10 and 6 p.m. on Sept. 30;
– On-line Job Hunting ó 10 a.m. on Sept. 11;
– Looking for Work with a Criminal Record ó 2 p.m. on Sept. 15;
– Is It Time For More Training? ó 6 p.m. on Sept. 16;
– Interview Techniques ó 6 p.m. on Sept. 10 and 23;
– Job Seeking for Veterans ń 6 p.m. on Sept. 24.
The R3 Center will also offer multiple resume clinics to help job searchers improve their current resume or create a new one from start to finish. Please call to reserve a seat. Clinics are scheduled for 10 a.m. on Sept. 14, 21 and 28; 2 p.m. on Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30; and 9 a.m. on Sept. 12.
The R3 Center helps adult workers assess and profile their skills, aptitudes, training and academic credentials and future career interests to develop a plan for career growth. All R3 Center services are free. The center’s office hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
The R3 Center partners with other workforce development agencies, including the Centralina Workforce Development Board, JobLink Career Centers of Cabarrus and Rowan counties, N.C. Employment Security Commission and other area community colleges.
For more information about the R3 Center and its services and programs, call 704-216-7201, or visit the center’s website at http://www.rowancabarrus.edu/r3center/.