Police say woman absconded with car
A Rockwell woman was charged with taking another woman’s car without permission from the owner.
Lisa Kay Honeycutt, 35, 140 Happy Lake Road, was charged June 3 with larceny of motor vehicle. Nicole Pless Goodman told Rowan County Sheriff’s deputies Honeycutt took a Chevrolet without permission from 225 Happy Lake Road.
In other sheriff’s reports:
– Christopher John Sizemore reported on June 2 a larceny at 1190 Panther Point Road.
– Jennifer Marlene Lash-Peeler reported on June 2 a burglary at 387 Stone Road.
– Brantley Hall reported on June 2 someone shot at his storm door with a BB gun at 202 Pine Court, China Grove.
– Rex Zachary Shuping reported on June 2 someone had kicked in the back basement door of a home at 1725 E. Ridge Road, nothing was taken.
– Mark Sells reported on June 2 a West Rowan Middle School student threatened a teacher and caused a classroom disruption at 5925 Statesville Blvd.
– William L. Earnhardt reported on June 2 a breaking and entering at 718 China Grove Highway, Rockwell.
– Joseph Freddrick Jones reported on June 2 a burglary at 365 Pine Hill Road.
– Christopher Lee Sellars reported on June 3 tools were taken from a home under construct at 1063 River Trace Lane.
– A West Rowan Middle School student called 911 from his cell phone claiming that he needed help because of a school shooting. The student made this false report while at a school field trip to Dan Nicholas Park, 6800 Bringle Ferry Road.
– William L. Earnhardt reported on June 3 a former tenant returned and took items from the home at 714 China Grove Highway, Rockwell, including a toilet and electric stove.
– Randy Scott Watts reported on June 3 a burglary at 5919 Southern Lane.
– Michael Shane Milam, 48, was charged June 3 with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 1100 West C St., Kannapolis.
– Destin Lamar Sloan, 17, was charged June 2 with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule II at West Rowan High, 8050 N.C. 801, Mount Ulla, where he had prescription pills in his possession.
– Mary Madeline Phillips, 35, was charged June 2 with misdemeanor simple assault.
– Billy Stephen Neal Queen, 26, was charged June 2 with misdemeanor assault on a female at 4270 Potneck Road.
– Christopher Todd Webb, 26, was charged June 3 with misdemeanor assault on a female.
– Lynda Quinby Johnson, 33, was charged June 3 with obtain a controlled substance by fraud at 235 Brown Acres Road.
Anyone with information about any of these cases is asked to contact the Salisbury-Rowan Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.