Police blotter: Disability checks stolen
Disability checks stolenJohn Matthew Dwyer, 47, reported an acquaintance stole his Social Security disability checks while he was in custody of the Rowan County Detention Center for three months.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the May 15 event.
In other sheriff’s reports:
– A Salisbury man reported an assault with a knife at 130 E. Liberty St.
– The Pop Shoppe at 1831 W. Innes St. reported someone stole $160 from the register.
– Virginia Mitchell Harris reported a burglary at 2210 N. Jake Alexander Blvd. Two laptop computers and a video camera were taken. The items totaled $2,825.
– Mary Padavick reported a theft at 418 S. Fulton St.
– Dennis Ray Rhyne reported the theft of a storage pack containing a leather jacket from his motorcycle at 2488 Statesville Blvd.
– Joanne Riviello reported being the victim of electronic fraud at 232 S. Arlington St.
– Ashley Amelia Wylie, 29, reported being the victim of fraud. A bank account was opened in her name without her knowledge and checks from a second account had been forged.
– Jvon Webb reported the theft of a heating and air unit from 233 Dan St.
– Jessica Monique Robinson received threatening calls at 612 Mocksville Ave.
– Alaina Jenise Ellison reported theft at 935 W. Innes St.
– Steven Asa Mayhew reported someone broke into his truck at 1040 E. Innes St. and stole a cell phone and Garmin GPS. Total damages were $900.
– Johnny Ray Breedlove reported the theft of his wallet at 2318 S. Main St.
– Kiara Mondlane Eversley reportedsomeone cut electrical wires on her Nissan Sentra at 209 Huntington Drive.
– Alvin Stanley Price reported the unauthorized use of his motor vehicle at 1499 W. Monroe St. and Messner St.
– Stephanie Lucas Katsamperis was involved in an altercation with her partner at 2205 Woodleaf Road.
– Gwenda Kaszer reported the theft of her bicycle at 1012 S. Fulton St.
– Kangaroo Express, 2270 Statesville Blvd., reported four men took several bottles of alcohol from the store.
– Justin Michael Smith reported that someone stole an i-Pod and GPS unit from his vehicle at 130 S. Main St.
– A Salisbury woman was assaulted by a man after leaving Benchwarmers bar, 113 E. Fisher St.
– Beverly Ann Stiller reported her chain purse was stolen at 640 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Food Lion #1417, at 251 Faith Road, reported six cases of Bud Light Lime beer were stolen. Value was $63.99.
– Christopher D. Spencer, 26, was charged with carrying a concealed firearm, possession of a stolen firearm, and possession of a firearm by a felon.
– Carlon Gibbs Hillian, 49, reported $320 was stolen from him at 1305 Bell St., building C.
– Cyrano Allison, 37, was charged with resisting or delaying a public officer at 800 N. Long St.
– Ellis Terrell Whitley, 21, was charged with felony larceny at W. Fisher St.
– Ruqayyah Qurisha Gray, 16, was charged with interfering with the teaching of students at 1005 S. Fulton St.
– Luis Alberto Rivera, 32, was charged with impaired driving at 385 Beagle Club Road.
– Daniel Wilfred Britt, 36, was arrested on charges of shoplifting at 324 Ludwick Ave.
– Christopher Dominick Spencer, 26, was arrested on charges of possessing stolen goods at 900 Park Ave.
Anyone with information on any of these cases is asked to contact the Salisbury-Rowan Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.