Other items on school board agenda
Among the other items on the Rowan-Salisbury school board’s agenda for Monday:
– Dixon-Hughes performed an audit of the school system’s 2008-2009 financial statements and will share the findings.
– School administrators will present the proposed 2010-2011 school calendar to the board for review. The calendar is being recommended by a committee of 28 individuals representing students, parents, teachers, counselors, administrators, principals, teacher assistants, bus drivers, data managers and clerical personnel.
– Gene Miller, assistant superintendent for operations, will review bids for replacing the roof at Overton Elementary School and recommend contracting Interstate Roofing Company for the job.
– The second reading of a proposed amendment to the system’s student discipline and punishment policy outlawing corporal punishment.
– Initial discussion on the development of an ethics policy. All school boards are required to have an ethics policy for their districts. Board members will discuss the process by which they want to work in developing this policy.