Helmet stolen from fire station
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Guns, knifes, cash, vehicles, a dirt bike and a fire helmet were stolen from homes around the county in the past several days.
The Sam Houston fire helmet valued at $300 was taken from the South Salisbury Fire Department sometime between Aug. 17 and Aug. 19.
Steven R. Carter, of 807 St. Pauls Church Road, reported the theft to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office. Carter also reported the theft of a Conway leather helmet and a safety shield.
Other larcenies reported included:
– More than $2,000 worth of goods including a knife collection, a .45-caliber rifle, antique silverware, medication and personal identification documents were taken from the home of Derek Lamont Goodman of 545 Menius Road, China Grove.
According to the report, the thief or thieves used a pry bar to gain entrance sometime between 5 p.m. on Aug. 18 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 19.
– An estimated $500 in cash was taken from a 2993 Honda Odyssey owned by David Montgomery Burnell, Winston-Salem, parked in a lot at Dan Nicholas Park, 6800 Bringle Ferry Road.
A side window was broken out, with damage estimated at $400. A Nikon digital camera was also taken.
– Herman Selvey of 195 Hidden Oaks Drive, Rockwell, reported the theft of his 2002 Yamaha blue and white dirt bike from his residence on Aug. 20 between 1:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
– Steven A. Safrit, 128 Lamb Drive, reported the theft of $2,300 worth of items from his home, including golf clubs and a bicycle. The theft occurred between 9 p.m. on Aug. 19 and 9 p.m. on Aug. 20.
– Jerry Stephen McInnis, of 315 Mae Road, reported the theft of a pistol from his residence. The theft occurred between December 2008 and April 2009.