Head Start taking applications
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009
The Salisbury-Rowan Head Start/Early Head Start programs are accepting applications for the 2009-2010 school year for ages 0-5.
The purpose of the program is to provide children a learning environment and experiences to help them develop socially, intellectually, physically and emotionally in a manner appropriate to their age. Extended day care services are available for parents who are working or in school.
Families must meet certain criteria for enrollment. Those interested must bring the following information to the registration site: birth certificate, immunization record, Social Security and Medicaid cards, medical and dental insurance cards, income verification and/or Work First verification and physical. Bring any information about disability or allergy diagnosis. Ten percent of available slots are for children with disabilities.
Applications will be accepted at the following sites from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.:
– East Spencer Center, 301 Grant St., East Spencer, Monday, Feb. 9;
– W.O.T. Fleming Center, 412 W. 15th St., Salisbury, Wednesday, Feb. 11;
– Lash Center, 632 S. Martin Luther King Ave., Salisbury, Wednesday, Feb. 11;
– West Rowan Center, 313 E. Main St., Cleveland, Tuesday, Feb. 17;
– Westside Center, 710 Harry St., China Grove, Thursday, Feb. 19;
– Livingstone Center, 414 Partee St., Salisbury, Thursday, Feb. 19;
– West 22nd Street Center, 2200 Runningbrook Drive, Kannapolis, Friday, Feb. 20;
– Price Center, 1300 W. Bank St., Salisbury, Tuesday, Feb. 24, and Wednesday, Feb. 25;
– Salisbury-Rowan Head Start, 1300 W. Bank St., Monday-Friday, 8:15 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
For more information, call the Head Start office at 704-633-0003.