Guns, 4-wheelers and jewelry taken in break-ins
Thieves took guns, 4-wheelers, electronics and jewelry in break-ins during the past several days.
The Rowan Sheriff’s Office is investigating a wide array of thefts.
– On Nov. 24, Ryan Michael Turner, 4390 Mount Hope Church Road, reported the theft of a Suzuki ATV valued at $11,000. The theft occurred between Nov. 19 and Nov. 24.
– Marshall David Lambert, Shinn Farm Road, Mooresville, reported the theft of a black 1990 Honda Civic from 216 Teepee Trail, Kannapolis.
– Stacye Drye Barringer, 15210 Stokes Ferry Road, Richfield, reported the theft of a 2002 Polaris ATV valued at $8,000. It was taken between Nov. 21 and Nov. 29.
– Beaver’s Honda Salvage, 2060 Deal Road, Mooresville, reported the theft of a white 1999 Honda Accord, valued at $1,500.
Deputies reported recovering a 2004 International truck stolen from 84 Lumber in Concord and valued at $21,500.
The vehicle was recovered on Nov. 24 in an open field area off Jasper Drive in Gold Hill.
In other reports from Nov. 24:
– A stolen vehicle was found burned in a field off Bringle Ferry Road and River Road.
Reports of incidents or arrests from Nov. 23:
– Thieves took over $9,000 worth of rings, Nintendo and Playstation game systems from the Alma Estella Salas home at 270 Archer Road. The theft occurred between Nov. 9 and Nov. 23.
– More than $3,500 worth of items including wheels, tires barbed wire and a heat pump were taken from the Charles Glenn Pethel home at 5325 Statesville Blvd. between Nov. 17 and Nov. 23.
– Thieves took a safe and four guns in a break in at the Gerald Eugene Bell Sr. home at 1825 North Main St., China Grove on Nov. 23.
Among the item taken were two Luger 9mm semi-automatic pistol; a 22 revolver, and a 20 gauge shotgun.
Charges filed by the Rowan Sheriff’s Office include:
– Gregory Allen Ogara was charged with felony obtaining property by false pretense.
– Antony Dale Upright was charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
– Dywan Jamal Cunningham was charged with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell, deliver a controlled substance.