Fire heavily damages Kannapolis home

Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009

KANNAPOLIS ń At 3:19 a.m. today, the Kannapolis Fire Department was dispatched to a home fire at 1221 Lee Ave.
The caller said smoke was in the home but no fire. When fire officials arrived, later they could see smoke from the eaves.
Radiant heat coming from the flue pipe in the wall is the cause of the fire. This radiant heat caused the structural members of the home to ignite. The fire did an estimated $25,000. in damages to the structure and personal property.
Family members are staying with relatives at this time.

Comments

Comments closed.