Fire damages Kannapolis house

Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009

KANNAPOLIS ó Fire caused an estimated $25,000 damage and loss of belongings at a Lee Avenue home early Thursday. Radiant heat from a flue pipe caused the fire, according to the Kannapolis Fire Department.
The department was dispatched at 3:19 a.m. to 1221 Lee Ave. A caller said smoke was in the home, but no fire was evident.
When fire officials arrived minutes later, they could see smoke coming from the eaves. According to the Fire Department, the heat from the flue pipe set off the fire.
Family members were staying with relatives later Thursday.

Comments

Comments closed.