Education – Sorority awards scholarships
Sorority awards scholarships
Alpha Alpha Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority has awarded five one-time scholarships of $1,000 to local high school graduates.
Selection is based on academic achievement, character, school involvement, community activities, citizenship, financial need, current and past involvement with the sorority and an application packet which includes career goals.
Those who receive the award after completing one semester of college study include:
– Nina Simone Campbell, a graduate of Salisbury High School and the daughter of Frederick and Stephanie Campbell, plans to attend Winston-Salem State University.
– Keila L. Marlin, a graduate of Jesse C. Carson High School and daughter of Kishja Marlin, plans to attend Wingate University.
– Melissa Vaughters, a graduate of Salisbury High School and the daughter of Anthony Vaughters and Lavaughne M. Taylor. She plans to attend the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
– Shakaela Monique Webb, a graduate of West Rowan High School and daughter of Alicia M. Barber, plans to attend North Carolina State University.
– Leanese Rippy Woods, a graduate of North Rowan High School and daughter of Laurence Woods and Yolanda Rippy Woods, plans to attend North Carolina Central University.