Davis County senior services
Davie County Senior Services
MOCKSVILLE ó Davie County Senior Services, 278 Meroney St. in Mocksville, announces the following opportunities.
For information or registration, call 336-753-6230.
– Senior breakfast ó 9 a.m., Nov. 18. Multipurpose Room B. Free. Speaker: Marsha Riddle.
Volunteering not only helps the community, but it makes you feel good as well. Hear from Riddle, who helped to start the North Carolina Association of Volunteer Administration. She will share how she has helped in her community and the benefits she gets from volunteering. You’ll also learn about ways you can help in your community, all while enjoying a delicious breakfast.
– Recognizing Depression ó 1 p.m., Nov. 19. Multipurpose Room B. Free. Speaker: Angie Monteleone, Inspirations
Did you know that more than 6 million Americans age 65 and older are affected by depression? But only 10 percent of those receive treatment. This is because the symptoms of depression are often confused with the effects of other illnesses or medications.
Learn the facts about depression at this informative seminar. Open to adults of all ages. Qualifies for “Destination Fitness” drawing.
– Day of Travel: Australia ó 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Nov. 24. Multipurpose Room B. $5.
The group will “explore” this region with a traditional lunch included. Open to adults 55 and older and exceptions under the general participation policy.
– Caregiver’s Thanksgiving dinner ó 5:30 p.m., Nov. 24. Multipurpose Room B. Free.
November is Caregiver’s Appreciation Month. If you are an unpaid caregiver who provides ongoing care for an older adult, or have provided such ongoing care in the past year to an older adult who has passed away, you are invited along with a guest to a relaxing Thanksgiving dinner. There will be great food and favors for all.
This event is also open to grandparents raising grandchildren. Caregivers are welcome to bring the loved one they are caring for.
At the Farmington site:- Thanksgiving celebration ó 10:30 a.m., Nov. 19. Refreshments will be served. Limited to the first 25 to register.
– Safe and Healthy Homes ó 10:30 a.m., Nov. 23. Speaker: representative from the Cooperative Extension office.
Learn how to keep your home safe and healthy. Limited to the first 25 to register. Qualifies for Destination Fitness drawing.
– Bingo’s Birthday ó 10:30 a.m., Dec. 2.
Celebrate Bingo’s birthday. with a few games of Bingo. Limited to the first 25 to register.