Crime blotter: Woman charged with DWI at magistrate's office
A Rowan County Sheriff’s deputy charged a woman with driving while impaired after he smelled alcohol on her while she was at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office. Linda McCart Jones, 61, was charged May 17 with driving while impaired.
In other sheriff’s reports:
– Jack Christopher Scott reported on May 17 a motor vehicle theft at 1520 Hurley School Road.
– David Michael Busko reported on May 18 someone stole two GPS systems from vehicles and rummaged through two others at 790 Graham Road, Mount Ulla.
– Billie Gene Cook reported on May 18 someone communicated threats toward him at 5365 Woodleaf.
– Angela Michelle Erwin reported on May 18 someone stole and used her debit card from 1454 Old Cress Road, China Grove.
– Kelly Lynn Parson, 31, was charged May 17 with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia at 235 Upgright Ave., China Grove, when officers searched her home.
– Christine Huffman, 43, was charged May 18 with felony possession with the intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance schedule IV at 200 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., after a vehicle stop.
– Jeffrey Robert Biese, 43, was charged May 18 with misdemeanor assault on a female on Back Acres Lane, Kannapolis.
– Steven Lee Driggers, 37, was charged May 17 felony obtaining property by false pretenses at 1006 Oakmont Court.
– Susan Annette Rakes, 36, was charged May 18 with communicating threats.
Anyone with information on any of these cases is asked to contact the Salisbury-Rowan Crimes Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.