Crime blotter: Reports detail car break-ins
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009
A string of break-ins and targeted unlocked vehicles, as well as those with high-value items left in the open, such as GPS units on dashboards.
According to Salisbury Police reports:
– Preston Kirk Sale, 42, reported that someone broke into his Nissan Quest and stole several power tools.
– Bonnie Ashley Holder, 50, reported someone broke into her car and stole a GPS unit worth $200.
– Gail Troutman Williams, 35, reported a Garmin GPS unit was stolen from her vehicle at 420 E. Bank St.
– James Howard Betts, 67, reported a break-in to his vehicle at 204 Dana Drive. Shots may have been fired.
– Lori Fuller, 37, reported a break-in to her vehicle at 205 Dana Drive.
– Five vehicles were broken into near Wellington Hills Circle between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. Sunday. Only one was believed to have been locked. The only thing taken was a six-pack of Bud Light.
– Jane Yvette Lyons, 43, reported hit and run damage to her 1995 Nissan totaling $1,000.
– Beverly Lanning Poole, 64, reported that someone threw a rock and broke out a back passenger window of her vehicle near the 400 block of Morlan Park Road.
– John Bruce Safrit, 58, reported that someone threw a rock through a window of his vehicle. Once inside, the burglar stole several items.
In other police reports:
– The Wal-Mart at South Arlington Street reported that someone passed a counterfeit $20 bill.
– Melanie Elizabeth Fantt, 36, reported that someone stole a bike off her porch at 715 Hall St.
– Family Dollar at 521 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. reported that someone passed counterfeit money at the store.
– Pearl Delois Oglesby, 76, reported someone used her debit card illegally.
– Tonya Lee Walker, 34, reported someone stole her moped from her residence at 115 Rose Lane.
– Alvin Leon Troutman, 47, was arrested on charges of simple assault and battery.
– Sasha Brewer, 23, was arrested on charges of simple assault and battery.
– Billy Edward Boyd, 40, allegedly tortured a small dog by choking it and attempting to break its leg at 509 E. Lafayette St.
– An assault was reported at 810 S. Main St.
– A man was assaulted by three other men at 699 S. Craige St.
– An assault was reported at 455 Freedom Drive.
– An assault was reported at 399 W. Horah St. The victim was hospitalized.
– Glorita M. Ortiz reported a break-in to her home at 408 Willow Road.
– Hollie Elaine Johnson, 32, reported a theft from her vehicle at 415 Garner Drive.
– Willie Lee Benson, 43, reported that a man wearing a red shirt and carrying a black bookbag stole a tool bag from his work truck.
– Freddy Cuthbertson, 48, reported a burglary at 530 W. Franklin St.
– M and L Mini Shop, at 1126 N. Main St., reported that several suspects attempted to break in to the business.
– Michael Eugene Daniels, 50, was arrested on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia at 499 E. Innes St.
– Jakeith Gerald Terry, 20, was arrested on charges of carrying concealed weapons at 100 E. Bank St.
– Ashley Jermaine Black, 24, was arrested on charges of possessing a controlled substance.
– Lori Rex Barber, 44, was arrested on charges of simple assualt and battery.