Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Church notes- Poor Man’s Supper, Yadkin Baptist Church, Spencer. 5-7 p.m. today. Pinto beans, cabbage, cornbread, desert, tea. $3.50 per plate. Eat in or carry out. Proceeds go to Operation In As Much.
– Shady Grove Baptist Church, East Spencer, deacons/deaconesses ministry celebrate anniversary, 3 p.m. Sunday. Pastor Rodney Eldridge of Henderson Grove Baptist Church will lead service.- Trustee, Deacon, Deaconess Day 4 p.m. Sunday, Fairview Heights Baptist Church. Guest speaker: Bishop Harvey Lee Rice of Mt. Calvary Holiness Church with his choir and congregation. The Rev. Clarence Marlin is host pastor.- Annual Spring Barbecue, Trinity United Methodist Church, 416 East First St., Kannapolis, across from A.L. Brown High School. 10 a.m.-7 p.m. March 7. Get three sandwiches or a plate dinner for $7. Drive-by, take-out, or dining room service available. Tickets available through church office.
– Boxwood Baptist Church, Mocksville, installation service for the church’s pastor,the Rev. Gary S. Milton, with the Rev. Arthur Heggins, pastor of St. Luke Baptist Church and congregation as special guests.
– Poor Man’s Supper, South Concord Church of God, 701 Union Cemetery Road, Concord. 4-6 p.m. March 7. Adults: $5 per plate, children 12 and under $3 per plate, take out orders available. 704-786-8416.
– Pork barbeque, Prospect Presbyterian Church. 9425 W. NC 152 Hwy, Mooresville. 10 a.m.-3 p.m. March 7. $8 per plate in advance, $8.50 at the door, $4 a sandwich. Delivery available for 10 or more orders. Proceeds benefit church’s youth mission. 704-664-1514.
– Lifeline T.P. Church will be having a special building fund service at noon, March 7. Speaker: Bishop Bobby Tunstalle from Beckly, W. Va. Theme: “100 Men in Black.” Women are also welcome.