– St. Luke Baptist Church Usher Ministrycelebrates their anniversary Sunday, 3 p.m. at 410 Hawkinstown Road. Speaker: the Rev. Dr. Clary Phelps of Gethsemane Baptist Church accompanied by his choir and congregation. The Rev. Arthur Heggins is host pastor.
– BockBock@The Rock BBQ chicken fundraiser today, North Kannapolis United Methodist Church, 1307 N. Main St. 1/2 chicken with beans, slaw, roll, desserts, drinks. Proceeds benefit church projects. $8 per plate Curb service, dine in. Call 704-933-8362 for deliveries of four or more.
– World of Faith Outreach Ministries, 1325 N. Main St. (at old Duke Power): Taking Back the Youth youth enrichment 7-9 p.m. tonight. Revival: Nov. 1-4.
– Rose of Sharon Holiness Church first fall festival 2-5 p.m. today. $5 adult, Children 6-12 $2, 5 and under free. Snacks and drinks served. Sponsored by senior choir. Church: 704-637-8087; Addie Belton: 704-633-4655. Public invited.
– Genesis Baptist Church honoring the pastor, Gene Edwards, this Sunday with a walk down in the morning and dinner in the fellowship hall following the service.
– Holy Tabernacle of Jesus Christ, 325 Malcolm Road, revival Oct. 29 and 30, 7:30 p.m. Speaker: Minister Ann Miller. Host pastor: Priscilla Overstreet, co-pastor Calvin Overstreet. 704-638-9532.
– Rock N Revelation -Bible study and featured music. Weekly event starting up, will meet 6-8 p.m. Fridays at The Inn, 1012 Mooresville Hwy 150. This Friday features the band Offered Soul. Contact Joseph Falzone, 704-633-6500. www.calvarysalisbury.com.
– The Usher Board Dept. of Fairview Heights Baptist Church will be selling fish sandwiches (croaker and whiting), hot dogs, chicken sandwiches and sodas on Nov. 1 at 4 p.m. in the fellowship hall.