China Grove planning retreat Saturday
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009
By Jessie Burchette
CHINA GROVE ó Town officials will spend four hours Saturday hearing about town operations, as well as short- and long-term needs.
And there’s likely to be a lot of talk about money and how to get by in the midst of a recession.
The Board of Aldermen will hold its annual retreat from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday at the China Grove Roller Mill Museum.
Ron Niland, president and owner of All American Associates of Mount Airy, will facilitate the retreat.
At the outset, Niland will discuss plans for the budget meeting coming later this year.
Niland will also discuss the overall economic outlook and statewide trends.
The board will hear presentations from department officials starting at 8:30 a.m.
Here’s the schedule of presentations and discussions:
– 8:30 a.m., fire department, Jeff Gledhill;
– 8:45 a.m., police department, Hodge Coffield;
– 9 a.m., public works-Powell Bill, David Ketner;
– 9:20 p.m., public utilities, Kent Mishak;
– 9:35 a.m. ó administration, Bill Pless;
– 10 a.m. ó overall economic outlook, statewide trends, Niland;
– 10:30 a.m., general fund, Pless and town board;
– 11:10 a.m., water and sewer fund, Pless;
– 11:40 a.m. wrap-up activities, Mayor Don Bringle and Niland.
The meeting is open to the public.
Contact Jessie Burchette at 704-797-4254.