Charges dropped against one man in China Grove shooting

Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009

CHINA GROVE ó A Kannapolis man shot during an argument last week remains hospitalized, and charges of attempted murder have been dropped against one of two men originally jailed.
Dewthey Walker, of Kannapolis, who was shot twice, remains hospitalized at Carolinas Medical Center-NorthEast in Concord.
Interim Police Chief Brett Bass said the incident occurred in the Westside Community when Walker was apparently having an argument or fight with a woman.
At least two men interceded on her behalf, resulting in the shooting.
Initially, police charged DeJuan Adkins, 23, of 709 Harry St., and Dolan Allison, 30, of 608 Harry St., with attempted murder.
During the continuing investigation, police learned that a witness incorrectly identified Allison.
“We determined he was not involved,” Bass said.
Charges have been dropped and he has been released from the Rowan County Detention Center.
Adkins remains in jail in lieu of $200,000 bond.
Bass said the investigation is continuing and police have other suspects in the incident.

Comments

Comments closed.