Catawba College president outlines initiatives
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Catawba College News Service
The day after he was officially installed as Catawba College’s 21st President, Dr. Craig Turner shared with college trustees seven initiatives which would chart the course of the institution’s future. The setting was the annual meeting of the board of trustees held Feb. 16 in the Hurley Room on campus.
Turner called the initiatives “practical, doable and necessary,” and said together they created not “a wish list, but a to-do list,” prioritizing the needs of the institution.
The initiatives Turner outlined include:
– In the next five years, increase and stabilize enrollment to between 1,150 and 1,250
– Complete a comprehensive review of all academic programs, curricula, etc.
– Complete a comprehensive review of all non-academic program areas;
– Examine and reorganize, where necessary, academic and non-academic structures;
– Focus on annual balanced budgets with small surpluses by focusing on cost-cutting and cost-savings;
– Increase marketing and expand marketing efforts and budgets;
– Eliminate all deferred maintenance.