Break-ins and thefts continue
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Home break-ins and thefts continued over the weekend around the county.
The take included guns, a wedding set, a moped and money.
The following incidents or arrests were reported by the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department:
– Donald Harold Hart of 150 Meshag Drive, Kannapolis reported the theft of two jars of coins, valued at $1,000, from his home between 6:30 Saturday (Aug. 29) and Sunday at 7 p.m.
– Mark Culbertson, 8480 Dogwood Drive, reported the theft of a .22 Remington rifle from his home Sunday night.
– Eric Perez, 19, of 4280 Sherrrills Ford Road, reported the theft of a blue 2002 Nissan Sentra from his residence. The theft occurred sometime Saturday.
– Mark Anthony Wyche, 109 E. 30th St., Kannapolis, reported the theft of clothes, a boombox, DVD player and a wedding set. Item taken were valued at over $1,900. The theft occurred Sunday between 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
– Raymond Simpson Chestnut, 231 W. Church St., reported the theft of a generator and string weed trimmer from a house under construction at 1140 Kimball Road. The theft occurred between Aug. 20 and Aug. 29.
– Daron Claude Stewart, 155 Dutch Creek Road, Rockwell, reported that vandals damaged his Chevrolet Silverado was damaged an estimated $2,000 damage while parked in the East Rowan High School paring lot. The damage occurred on Aug. 28 between 8 and 9:30 p.m.
– Eric Eugene Loflin, 24 of 40 Kimball Road, China Grove was charged with possession of a firearm by a felon.
– Ronald Brian Pritt, 33, of 158 Delinda Drive, Rockwell, was charged with resist, delay, obstruct a public officer in an incident Sunday.
While trying to arrest Pritt for driving while impaired, officers reported he ran, then fought with officers. Pritt then tired to kick out the window of the vehicle causing $500 damage to the patrol car.