Blotter: Thieves abscond with jewelry, gun, camera
Some $5,900 worth of goods were taken from the home of John D. Blackwell on May 13, according to reports from the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Taken in the Callaway Drive break-in were jewelry, computer equipment, a camera and a pistol.
Other reports from the Sheriff’s Office detail a number of break-ins and other crimes:
– Piedmont Footings, 1650 Long Ferry Road, reported $2,400 worth of equipment stolen in a break-in that happened the night of May 12.
– Timothy George Boyd reported $4,000 worth of tools taken from a storage building on his Timberlane Trail property between April 26 and May 11.
– Linnet Wayne Yates reported $2,806 worth of guns stolen in a break-in of his home on Long Ferry Road on May 11.
– Gail Ann Troutman reported $1,000 worth of guns stolen from her Bringle Ferry Road home between April 4 and May 9.
– JFM Inc, 4240 Stokes Ferry Road, reported on May 13 that $840 in equipment had been stolen in March and then found at pawn shops.
– Ronnie Dee Hall reported a $200 tiller stolen from 307 Northdale Ave., Kannapolis, on May 13.
– Dana Paulette Davis reported cigarettes and cash worth a total of $240 taken from her Grace Church Road home on May 12. A rear window was broken to gain entry.
– Phyllis H. Peeler reported jewelry and medications stolen from her home on Vance Street in Landis on May 13.
William Dale Winburn, a suspect in the crime, was found to be in possession of stolen goods and and narcotics, sheriff’s reports say. He was arrested and charged with trafficking heroine.
– Lighthouse Pentecostal Church on Homestead Avenue in Kannapolis reported on May 11 that its church van was vandalized.
– Timothy Derek Dillard, 28, was charged May 13 with simple assault and simple assault and battery or affray.
– Steven Wayne Fidler, 35, was charged with assault by pointing a gun at 848 N. Main St., Kannapolis, on May 13.
– Zaki Dukwane Torrence, 34, was charged May 13 with vandalism to real property and willful and wanton injury.
– Jennifer Nicole Merritt, 28, was charged with larceny at 175 N.C. 801, Woodleaf, on May 13.
– Lorie Jane Womble, 46, was charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance on Chinquapin Lane, Mount Ulla, on May 12.
– Daniel John Otwell, 22, and Diana Leigh Otwell, 23, were charged with contributing to the neglect of a minor on May 12.
– Mark Anthony Belik, 24, was charged with resist, delay, obstruct a public officer on May 12.
– Michael Eugene Earnhardt, 33, was arrested on a charge of flee to elude arrest on May 12.