Blotter: Man charged with assault with pipe
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, December 1, 2009
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Eddie Mark McLain, 39, of 240 Midway Drive, Lot 3, with assaulting a man Saturday with a 3-foot-long metal pipe.
The victim was identified as Jason David Morris, according to reports. McLain was placed under $2,500 bond.
– Deputies charged Gary Wayne Thompson, 28, of 240 Midway Drive, Lot 5, with possession of stolen goods and possession of a firearm by a felon.
Reports said Thompson had in his possession a stolen Yugoslavian SKS assault rifle valued at $500. Thompson had been convicted of felony drug possession in June 1999 in Rowan County District Court.
– The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Robert Glenn Sapp, 31, of 1040 Basinger Kluttz Road, Salisbury, with breaking, entering and larceny and injury to real property in connection to crimes on Rock Pond Lane Friday.
Reports stated Sapp broke into a house occupied by Phillip Leazer of 1111 Rock Pond Lane and took a $20 butcher knife.
He also is charged with damaging the property of Jody Hall at 1078 Rock Pond Lane.
A report said Sapp was too intoxicated Friday night to understand his rights, so the conditions of his release were not set at the Magistrate’s Office until Saturday morning.
L.H. Eller of the Sheriff’s Office investigated.
– Landis Police charged Jeremy Sells, 18, of 311 Woodhaven Drive, China Grove, with attempting to sell and deliver marijuana, felony conspiracy to sell and possession of up to a half-ounce of marijuana.
The arrest was made Friday. Sells’ bond was set at $1,000.
Officer B.S. Linn of the Landis Police Department investigated.
Linn charged Joseph Phillips, 16, of 509 S. Franklin St., China Grove, with felony conspiracy to sell and deliver marijuana in the same case.
– Also in Landis, police charged Emeterio Guzman Jr., 18, of 2883 Springdale Ave., Kannapolis, with possession with the intent to sell and deliver marijuana Saturday.
His bond was set at $1,000. Officer M.J. File of the Landis Police Department investigated.
– Kannapolis Police charged Vendel Redling Jr., 54, of 408 E. 11th St., Kannapolis, with assault with a deadly weapon and assault on a female.
Police reports said he threw a utility knife at Roxanne Logel and also grabbed and shoved Ann Marie Logel.
Officer C.M. Widenhouse of the Kannapolis Police Department investigated.
The incidents occurred Saturday.
– The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Michael Dwayne Stewart, 24, of 207 Woodbury Drive, Faith, with trafficking opium or heroin Saturday. His bond was set at $2,500.