Blotter: Driver runs from deputies at traffic stop
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reported a driver jumped out of a vehicle and ran on foot from law enforcement during a traffic stop at 1147 Christie Farm Road. No arrest has been made. The incident occurred July 1.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Charles Horton reported July 1 that his tools were stolen at 8050 N.C. 801, Mount Ulla.
– Travis Wayne Rhodes reported July 1 that a Suzuki ATV was stolen at 8700 Clydesdale Court, Kannapolis.
– Cheerwine Bottling Co. reported July 1 that someone stole money from a drink machine at 5185 Old Concord Road.
– Tonya V. Wilkes, 38, was charged July 1 with simple assault at 145 Briarwood Lake Drive.
– Arthur Dean Adkins, 51, was charged July 1 with rape at 232 N. Main St.
– Cordera Rayshard Brown, 21, was charged July 1 with simple assault at 118 W. Liberty St.
– Terry Winburn, 34, was charged July 1 with being intoxicated and disruptive at 1000 School St., Faith.