Blotter: China Grove man loses money in motorcycle scam
Johnny Reid Glover, of China Grove, reported to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office on July 14 he believed he was scammed.
Glover said he sent $4,500 via Western Union based on the belief he was buying a motorcycle.
In other sheriff’s reports:
– John Julian Eaton reported on July 14 a larceny at 515 T. Brown Road, Rockwell.
– Summer L. Floyd reported on July 14, a burglary at 315 St. Stephens Church Rd., Gold Hill.
– Jerry Eugene Lemly reported on July 16 a vehicle was stolen from 155 Springway Drive, Cleveland.
– Justin Robert Murphy reported on July 16 three people came into his home, assaulted him and stole items, 256 Wilcoy Road, Rockwell.
– Juanita Troxell Beck reported on July 16 a vandalism at 3460 E. Ridge Road.
– David Sprinkle reported on July 16 a moped was stolen from 3308 Old Concord Road.
– Quinton Shamel Gooden, 21, was charged July 16 with felony robbery with a firearm or other dangerous weapon.
– Jonathan Wayne Cannon, 16, was charged July 16 with misdemeanor underage consumption at 1000 Roseman Road/Litton Drive.
– Jonathan Wesley Laws, 18, was charged July 16 with misdemeanor underage consumption at 1099 Roseman Road/Litton Drive.
– Eddie Dewayne Sims, 34, was charged July 16 with obtaining property by false pretenses.
– Billy Lee Eidson, 51, was charged July 16 with obtaining property by false pretenses.
– Columbus Lee Upright, 61, was charged July 16 with misdemeanor assault on a female.
– Stephen Christopher Roseman, 18, July 16 with second-degree trespass, 500 W. Park Drive, Rockwell.
– West Rowan Grill, 8870 Statesville Blvd., reported a burglary on July 22 after an unknown suspect broke a business window, entered, and took an undisclosed amount of property.
– Carl Lee Ingram reported a larceny of hunting equipment on July 22 at 12100 US 52 Hwy.
– Carolina Quarries reported a larceny at 805 Harris Granite Road on July 22.
– Amber Dawn Hartman, 29, was arrested and charged with cyberstalking at 158 Delinda Drive on July 22.
– Christopher Lee Overman, 50, was arrested and charged with breaking and entering a building at 232 N. Main St. on July 22.
– Avalon Sky Bingamon, 16,was arrested and charged with simple assault at 118 W. Liberty St. on July 22.
– Shari Hough Beaver, 42, was arrested on charge of weapon possession by a felon on July 22 at 232 N. Main St.