Blotter: $6,700 in items taken
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call Nov. 13 from Ronnie Lane Drye concerning a break-in at 1510 Cannon St., Rockwell.
Drye said someone took items valued at approximately $6,700.
Taken were numerous construction items, including a Stanley laser level, electric hand tools, a Honda gas generator, a tire breakdown hammer and car radios.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Stuart Bradley Hinson of 130 Dulin Ave. reported someone took a go-cart valued at $2,000 from his yard Nov. 13-14.
– Duane Howard Atwell, 44, was arrested on charges of assault with a gun at 544 Bellingshire Drive, Mount Ulla, on Nov. 14, based on a complaint by Neil Anthony Choquette of Cornelius.
– Tonda Stiller of 165 Zeb St., reported a break-in and theft of a laptop computer valued at $1,400 on Nov. 15.
– William R. Hollman of 255 Gold Park Road, Gold Hill, reported someone entered his residence Nov. 15 and took weapons and medication valued at $1,390. Weapons included a Glenfield .22-caliber rifle, a 30/30 rifle, a single barrel 20-gauge shotgun, a 9 mm pistol and a .22-caliber pistol.
– Harvey Ray Robertson reported a break-in at 445 Jackson Road on Nov. 11. Items taken included three chain saws and two weed trimmers valued at $1,060.
– Mark Luther Kimball reported he was assaulted with a gun at his residence at 621 Duck Drive, China Grove, on Nov. 12.
– Dwayne Blair Jones, 32, was arrested on charges of assault with a gun on Nov. 12.
– Robert Allen Spry, 50, was arrested on charges of assault with a gun at 878 Duck Drive, China Grove, on Nov. 12.