December blood drive schedule announced
During the holiday season, there’s an increase in the need for blood donations. There are more traffic accidents because many are traveling to spend time with their families, and the thousands of patients who depend on blood for their survival still need our help.
Please give the most precious gift you can give to a patient … LIFE!
All donors are automatically entered to win two Delta Airline tickets.
For a 16-year-old to donate blood, he or she must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and have a photo ID.
For more information, call Sherry Smith at 704-633-3854, ext 105.
December schedule- Dec. 1, 7:30 a.m.ń5:30 p.m., Rowan County Holiday Blood Drive, 1st Birthday Celebration for Baby Riley Brilliant (blood recipient and cancer survivor), Salisbury Civic Center, 315 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. Special food and giveaways. For an appointment, call Sherry Smith at 704-633-3854, ext. 105.
– Dec. 4, 1:30-6 p.m., Prospect Presbyterian Church, 9425 West N.C. 152, Mooresville. For an appointment, call Bill Lefler at 704-278-3525.
– Dec. 4, 11:30 a.m.ń 4 p.m., Rowan County Employees Blood Drive, American Red Cross, 1930 Jake Alexander Blvd, W. For an appointment, call Malea Whitley at 704-216-8104.
– Dec. 5, 1:30-6 p.m., Walmart, 323 S. Arlington St. For an appointment, call Jan Harwood at 704-639-9718.
– Dec. 11, 2-6:30 p.m., China Grove Middle School, 1013 N. Main St., China Grove. For an appointment, call the school office at 704-857-1514.
– Dec. 12, 10 a.m.ń2:30 p.m., Canaan Baptist Church, 785 Barringer St., Salisbury. For an appointment, call Tallie Crowell at 704-642-1159.
– Dec. 14, 1-5:30 p.m., American Red Cross, 1930 Jake Alexander Blvd., W. For an appointment, call Sherry Smith at 704-633-3854, ext. 105.
– Dec. 14, 12:30-5 p.m., N.C. State Hwy. Patrol, 5780 S. Main St., Salisbury. For an appointment, call L. Brady at 704-855-1047.
– Dec. 16, 12:30-5 p.m., Brian Center, 635 Statesville Blvd., Salisbury. For an appointment, call Anne Marie Morgan at 704-314-4432.
– Dec. 16, 1:30-6 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. For an appointment, call Ann Coggin at 704-636-0111.
– Dec. 22, 2-6:30 p.m., East Rowan YMCA, 790 Crescent Road, Rockwell. For an appointment, call David Freeze or Kathy Rummage at 704-279-1742.
Blood Drive schedule subject to change. Call 704-633-3854 for updated information.