Rowan Blues and Jazz Appreciation NIght
By Caitlin Crawford
for the Salisbury Post
On Friday, Nov. 13, the Rowan Blues and Jazz Society will be hosting an “Appreciation Night” to showcase Salisbury talent. Poets, musicians, and special guest performers will gather at the Looking Glass Artist Collective, 405 N. Lee St., from 7:30-10:30 p.m. Admission is free to the public.
Here is Friday’s line-up:
– Tony “T-lelo” Bowers will be playing an acoustic guitar set for the evening. He is from Mooresville, and sang with Vonica and the Mighty Blazing Stars for 15 years. He’s now pursuing a solo career.
– Tenisha Peek was born and raised in Salisbury, and graduated from Salisbury High. She began singing at the age of 3 in local children’s choirs, and began writing songs at the age of 13. She will sing a few solo songs and possibly a duet with T-lelo.
– Nathan Jones will share some of his poetry. He has performed in New York City and other well-known venues.
– Peace Logan was born in Chesapeake, Va.
“As a first-time performer and writer, I am growing under the wings of favor and learning to accept that my gift is not given to me to be used in vain, but to share, grow, and teach what God has scripted for me,” Logan says.
– Desere Cross is a senior at West Rowan High. She is the editor of the school’s newspaper and is involved in community service, National Honor Society, student government, basketball and track. In her down time she finds time for her passion: poetry. She has been writing poetry since elementary school and has been recognized as poet of the month at Central Library in Winston-Salem.
– Poet Linda Patterson was born and raised in Salisbury and has travelled the United States. She considers writing to be her passion.
For more information about the Appreciation Night, call 704-636-2811.